• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Polyurethane casting resins

I had the thought of those old rubber freeze plugs, using the rubber donut from them creating a sort if mount with the through bolt. not sure if there are some poly mounts made in that sort of fashion or how well they hold up as far as having a "squishing" weight on them without support around them.

Just thinking out of the box getting creative for parts that might be a hard to find or way over priced only because of what they fit.

Solid mount it imo. The added vibrations you will feel are probably less hassle than you will go through trying to make them.
That was my second thought. we have done this with some equipment at my work. we have a Taylor forklift that uses an attachment which turns it into a real battering ram for slag steel in the melt shop. there had been so many times the impacts had ripped out the mounts sending the engine fan into the radiator and hydraulic cooler. that went for a bad day when we had to go drag it down from a second floor atop of the furnace just to work on it... after several episodes of that, we had the welding shop fab up some beefy supports on the frame to mount the engine and trans solid. so far that issue hasn't reared it's head again!!

Perhaps research the engine type. For example, I have a late 70's vintage TCM forklift (Japanese) and it uses a Datsun 4 cylinder engine. Currently, I trying to find an air cleaner for it and it appears that a Datsun truck engine is the same. So, maybe your forklift shares an engine with something automotive.

Basically sits on the rubber with a vertical bolt going through it . Cross section is T shaped so there is rubber surrounding the bolt too.
I used to always bore through the SBC motor mounts and shove a bolt through with a nut on the threaded end.
I once had one separate and the throttle jammed most of wide open. That was a ride.
Didnt have money for a new mount so drilled through both sections and what was left of the rubber and bolted it back together. Then I pulled the other side and did that one too.
After that, whenever I pulled an engine that used that style of a MM, they got drilled and bolted together, even the brand new motor mounts. 😹😹😹
I learned about them motor mount saver kits but it was a lot less money for bolts and nutz. :laff3

Back