• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Polished My Turbo

dur0maxx

Is Blowin Soot On A Prius
Reaction score
Posted this on the other site too.
I got bored today and took the compressor off and polished it up. I think it looks really good. Didn't take that long so if you have a little time to spare I def reccomend it from a looks stand point. Oh and the 50hp it adds in the ricer world:holyshirt:

I also deleted the turbo silencer tube. I can hear a little difference. I'm still waitin on that CAI that heath is comin out with. I can't wait to see what it looks like.

Here's a pic on the turbo:
garageimage.php

Wow what a difference compared to mine.. looks great! :drool5:

I used mothers aluminum polish with an old sock. I tried to use my buff ball but my damn battery was dead on the drill.

The engine bay was really clean when I bought it. It is actually dirty right now. It rained and I went down a dirt road and had some water splash up in the engine bay. The truck has 128k on it and I can still read every barcode on the tags on all the hoses and wires.

It was smooth already. But I have done this kinda thing before on a Yamaha R6 frame. Just takes alot of patience. You have to start out with rough grit sand paper and work it down, then go finer and finer untill you get all the little scratches out of it and then hit it with a buffer and aluminum polish.
On my bike I started with 300grit and worked all the way to 2000grit wet, and then buffed it out with aluminum polish. Came out like chrome.

Here's pics of that:

Attachments

• 100_0397.jpg
    100_0397.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 26
  • 100_0400.jpg
    100_0400.jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 32
Back