• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

PO 251 what can you tell me?

P0251 --Injector Pump A Rotor/Cam Malfunction

possably bad ip- check lp, condition of fuel. maybe dirty fuel, air in lines, something the optic sensor.

-does yours have a filter harness- if so it may not need it, i was reading that 97 and newer does not need???

mine came from water that had gotten past the seperator and into the IP, after flushing and refueling.. cleared itself out

not to hyjack.. but thanks you guys for helping (guiding) me thru all that sh*t i was going thru with my 251 and 370

Since fuel floats on water possibly some water on the optic laying in bottom of the IP, out of curiosity did this problem clear when you found your 4x4 fault

Nope...was taking my son to a basketball game and he had the wrong uniform(home instead of away) anyway we had to hustle back home. I live in the Mountains behind Mission B.C. Fairly steep hills and I was on the throttle pretty good. Pulled into the driveway and shutdown quick to give him the keys to open the house. When I restarted the SES came on and stayed on.
Dropped him off and Momma and I went to get a coffee before the game. Pulled out my code reader in Tim Horton's parking lot and read the code and cleared it. It has not come back since. Been about 1000km.

considering the circumstances,

is it possible you boiled the fuel in the IP?, causing a sheen to form, or even a slight bubble in there, hence the single 251?

what do ya think fellas, im just thinking out loud here

Yeah hopefully just a blip...this is the first 6.5 that I have owned that actually stalled on me. I remote mounted PMD to the bumper and tightened the nuts on the back and it has been good for the last 10,000km or so. Truck had new pump, injectors etc. at 197,000km. at dealer before I bought it. Just turned 250,000km

Back