• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Pictures of new truck

Thanks for all the great comments , you guys and gals all have great rides also, i really like Missy,s DaHoooooley, i am going out to change the fuel line from the filter to the water drain on the front of the engine it looks dry and starting to crack, and well i am at it i think i will try to figure out how to change that fuel filter also,

Cheers to All
James

While you're there, take a peek behind the flt mgr and see the condition of the hose there, I'm sure that's not far behind unless been already replaced before.

Thanks Matt for the advise i did have a look and it looks new,put a new hose under the intake to the drain cock and man what a diference when its not sucking air or loosing fuel, starts nice and easy now with not as much smoke.

Thanks
James

SWEET! what year is that ride?
All you need to do is move that FSD cooler to one of the nostril holes in the bumper and you're set......oh, and loose the stock, flat, very restrictive air box and let that thing breath. If you like a little turbo whistle, go with an exposed cone type hi-flow filter or if you can find a stock round style filter assembly, get one. The round stock filters are huge and breath quite well.

Nice color too!
Why are you going to sell it in the summer?

x2 on some pix inside the bed.

Last edited:
Look at that filter,, there is a black circle around it. Thats the retainer ring,, just unscrew in and then genlty lift the paper handle, and it will pull right up, go slow, and take a peak at it,, if it's white,, just slowly slide it back in, and call it good. If it's yellowish, Then I'd replace it. If you go slow you won't gush fuel all over, and when you've got the new one in,, unscrew the little small circle air bleeder in the center, a little bit,, crank the engine over till you see a squirt or 2 of fuel coming out,, and then tighten it back up. There you go!
I'm sure as you read more here, you'll find some cool tricks, and mods that you can do to that nice truck. and We know you'll end up keeping it!

You are the best guys and gals in a forum that i have ever been in, i hope one day i can help out also.thanks so very much for all the advise and help so far, and i will get some pictures of the inside box ASAP,

Cheers
James

Odlaw i am thinking that maybe was just a thought about selling in the spring ,the more i drive this old truck i more i like it :) , and the year is 1995

James

Hey James, do all of us a favor and fill out your signature. This way we all know what truck you have. Take a look at what others have written and go from there.:smile5:

Hey James, do all of us a favor and fill out your signature. This way we all know what truck you have. Take a look at what others have written and go from there.:smile5:

appears to be a '95, K2500, not sure what a sig would do, don't think he was looking for much...more like just showing off...pictures are worth thousands of words...

nice looking unit!

Hows that

Better, but not there yet...in the top left of the screen, click on "User CP", then a new page will open with a number of options in a column on the left hand side.

Look down the list to "edit signature" and click on that, then fill in the details, and save.

Thanks Pruittx2,

I tried , i am fairly new at this stuff so its all a big experiment for me :),

How do you work that GP over ride, i think i have it to but never used one, i have a switch on the dash , do you leave it on a lttle longer after the dash GP light goes out.

Cheers
James

yeah,, when it's below 20F here in Michigan,, I give it an extra 5 to 10 seconds, after the wait to start light goes out. It will work great ONLY if you have self regulating glow plugs like Bosch duratherms or AC Delco 60G's. Others will swell with the extra heat.

Thanks Pruitt,

I used to live in Toronto and Edmonton , so i am familiar with those shaky white smoke starts when its 35 to 40 below, glad i live in Vancouver now its coastal here so its not to bad rain but not a lot of snow or cold,thanks for the help.

James

Back