• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

PF2232 Oil Filter Cost

btfarm

America First!
Staff member
Lead Moderator
Reaction score
I have been using my credit card points to get a gift card to ACE Hardware every so often so I can buy my oil filters there. Well Last time I did that I found that the price had gone from $12.99 (which I could live with...) up to $16.99. WTF!?
I checked around on line and see that most everyone is alot cheaper and both Summit and Jegs are listing them at $9.95.
What are you guys with DMaxes paying for yours?

Mike, if you have an AutoZone around current price is $8.59. They even ship if you don't.

Got one in the next town over about 1/2 mile from where I buy fuel. I'll check 'em out. Thanks.

I use the AUTOZXONE STP brand of filters. They used to be called DEUTSCH, but everybody called em douche's so they changed the name of them. I have yet to have a problem with one, and they are the only filter I have run on teh DMAX and not gotten the typewriter tick with.

I hear all you guys talkng about different brands and I'm sure they're good but I've always felt you can't go wrong with AC Delco oil filters. I have an awful lot of miles on them through many vehicles and they've never let me down so it would be tough to change.

I know Tom (Idle Chatter) cut open a mess of new filters back in the day on DP...any off brand anyone would send him and most he purchased himself...

there were some bad ones and some real good ones... and most were just average...at the time the super filters(synthetic or other {IIRC K&N}) were not available to test...I don't know if he ever got around to cutting any of those to see just what was so great about them...other than the manufacturers claims.

I guess I'm partial to Mobil 1 synthectic oils and filters...I could be wrong but I believe them to be the best...JMHO

Yeah, I remember the thread and discussion about them and followed it. I know that's when everybody became completely convinced that Fram was junk.

Wix does have DMax filters and quite a few people use them. IIRC, Ashton (Wrecker) stocks them along with the Amsoil ones.

Mike: I use AC Delco, Mobil 1and Baldwin filters for my oil in my Duramax. I am more impressed with the Baldwin filters than any other for their price. They have a thick can, use a spring instead of a piece of flexible metal for the pressure blow by valve. I just changed my oil yesterday, and cut open the Baldwin. Same excellent quality. I have also used Baldwins for my spin on fuel filters (2 Micron HE) and was just as happy with them. I feel that Baldwin is as close to an AC Delco as any. I have many photos if needed.

I am not discounting any other filters. I am sure that there are many that are good. Just reporting my personal experiences.

Back