• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Performance Tuning for the Tahoe

Ok. Let's see here. You KNOW what can and can't be done... according to your previous posts. So... there really isn't anything else to say :)

Whatdya wanna know br0??? Do you wanna be schooled tonight, Ill gladly do it... You wanna take the math portion of the course first, or the mechanical engineering course? Either way is fine with me...

And the post number please??

Whatdya wanna know br0??? Do you wanna be schooled tonight, Ill gladly do it... You wanna take the math portion of the course first, or the mechanical engineering course? Either way is fine with me...

I hate math. Let's go for the mechanical part :)

So, tell me. Where is the main restriction point in these pumps?

Whats the major and minor diameter of the Cam ring profile CF? Gotta know this to know your stroke....

How about port cross sections... Or percentage of duration per port?? I can start rattling off numbers if youd like....

Here, Ill give you an easy one... Whats the fill duration degree on the cam ring??

funny that he left the thread after our answer, and that question. His current status is "searching forums" LOL

Maybe it is a restriction point for you guys, but for us... not so much.

Camring voodoo?? That is the one thing I won't talk about. Too much time and money invested in mine to just give it away.

You do realize that we have the same porting in our pumps right?

And cam ring Voodoo? Not so much, its not rocket science... you have a major/minor and area under the curve... By changing the area under the curve, you control the injection event, and pressure... Its pretty simple... I was just after stock dimensions, because if you modify something, you have to know where to start, I assume in your grasp of these things, you would know at least as much as me in the dimensional dept...

Maybe it is a restriction point for you guys, but for us... not so much.

Camring voodoo?? That is the one thing I won't talk about. Too much time and money invested in mine to just give it away.

Too much time and money? Did you see all of my EDM machining, and how many pumps we've built? I've got months of R&D. Over 10,000 miles, and $2k into this current pump. Don't use time and money investments as an excuse to hide your ignorance.

It might be more than we wanna know... :D

Or... it mite be more than you could handle to know :)

When you get an extra 50 - 100cc out of a pump, then you can consider yourselves "well learned". Until then, study your pumps with open mind. The restriction point isn't easy to see, nor is it easy to rectify. But with a bit of ingenuity and common sense, you'll figure it out.

Heard there were a pair of Dicks from WA running around here unsupervised...understatement. Have fun.

When you get an extra 50 - 100cc out of a pump, then you can consider yourselves "well learned". Until then, study your pumps with open mind. The restriction point isn't easy to see, nor is it easy to rectify. But with a bit of ingenuity and common sense, you'll figure it out.

Again... You have yet to prove that in ANY sort of way... Please, at least if your going to make things up... be part of the conversation...The thing is, is I KNOW how to get an extra 100+ cc's out of the pumps... But it wouldnt be reliable... Please, since you cant answer my questions, ask some of your own....

Just more mouth breathing. Give it up, you're a fake. That's why you refuse to put us in our place, because you can't. You have been measured, you have been weighed, and you have been found wanting.

We're just talking about your pump building skills, or lack there of. I never started in on your booger welds, and lack of fabrication skills. Thats a nice inlet elbow :rof: cant wait to see the up pipes.

Back