• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Pepp has Story to tell

Dura-Ration

No Obuma
Reaction score
Video coming of Paul and his truck coming soon to a youtube near you.
This afternoon actually, some of us has to go to work on thursday. ):h

You'll have to wait for the video :eek:

Right now I gotta go to work for few hours to make some money...:nopity:

Excellent! And he managed to keep it together too:thumbsup:
13.34 ain't too shabby for the first time out...
Need more smoke!

Since the Cat is out of the bag now...

Well ...I had hopes of the big brown truck arriving before I left (lift pumps) it arrived 30 minutes after I left...(go figure)

I was hoping to break into the twelves but no lift pumps hurt ...

I have to add the truck hooked up nicely with the Help of the Dura-Tracs® Spring Clamps...(I'll let Steve elaborate...)Thanks Steve ;)

First run was awful... learning to stage the truck...I had a friend of a friend coaching me beforehand, but you don't know what it's like until you just do it...

First run:

I ran a 14.10 @ 99.47 w/ a Reaction time of .537 and 60' of 1.96 ... my launch did not go as planned...I wanted to (was told) to to prestage and hold then bring up the RPM's to my recommended boost pressure/RPM well while bring the R's up I wasn't concentrating trying to watch the EGT's and boost in the overhead console...left at 1600 RPM but I still beat the Mustang GT...BAD(2.91 sec)...

Second Run:

I got a Corvette as a competitor...I prestaged and was able to keep my concentration and went by RPM only (2000)...
[email protected] w/ a reaction time of .562 and 60' of 1.82 margin of VICTORY of .199

That was great...the guy at the booth where you pick up your time slips was shaking my hand and said he had to laugh at the guy when he saw his time slip and was shaking his head...

Third run:

I got a 7? Malibu with slicks with a dial in written on his windo of 11.4

I ran a 13.34 @ 100.92 w/ a reaction time of .514 and 60' of 1.811 lost by 1.66

Final run was a red light...I was getting great traction w/o wheel spin on my other runs, so I tried boosting to 2200 RPM and It drove through the brakes after prestage so no time...

It definitely will be running much better with the dual Lift pumps I'll put on this weekend sometime...

Next project (when I get some money) will be a Banks bighead Wastegate...then maybe an intake...thats where I stop...

BTW the video was of the third run against an 11 second Malibu

on this engine :D

maybe when I rebuild my old powerplant... there maybe some bottom end goodies and something that looks like a large hairdryer... ;)

Last edited:
As long as you don't go far enough to hurt that Ally... Thanks Steve for putting that up. Real results from one of the good guys!:thumbsup:

Dura-Tracs

The Dura-Tracs are a version of the spring clamps that are used to hold the springs together to form them all as one spring to prevent wheel hop and better traction at the starting line. Borrowed design from DieselPower mag and the other Place.

The Dura-Tracs® are a version of the spring clamps that are used to hold the springs together to form them all as one spring to prevent wheel hop and better traction at the starting line. Borrowed design from DieselPower mag and the other Place.

You're not telling the whole story...(note the underlined part)

There's more

There's more to come from Pepp and me at the dragstrip or at least from what I saw on his face after that run. A BiggASS Smile from ear to ear!
:D

dayum Paul, you know that is your bread and butter truck, good run, wonder if Philip would want a piece of it.....

There's more to come from Pepp and me at the dragstrip or at least from what I saw on his face after that run. A BiggASS Smile from ear to ear!
:D
Was wondering about that part!:D

Oh alright, I made them. I'm not a good story teller. But I help good.
The plot thickens... Got a picture of 'em?

Back