• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Pensacola diesel quality?

Oh BTW I see in your signature adjustable FSD resistor ???

You can take that off the truck as it isn't doing anything for you.

It is also a possible maintenance issue for you down the road.

The guy that claims to have "invented that" is a fleece artist we call "Steaksauce" around the 6.5 community; derived from the table condiment A-1 steak sauce aka A-1 Customs, you would do well to steer clear of him.

FWIW Jifare & I aren't lost for love with him either as his rants on "His site" will show, what he doesn't show; is how he has been banned from every reputable web site.

The only place he "shines" are on the web sites he owns, or gets to post on before he is found out on after posting in one of his many web alter egos/persona's.

Your sig also says remote FSD who's remote (bought or home made), & where is it remote mounted at?

FSD harness is home made (I´m electrican) and I mounted it in the cooler witch is on the fuse box cover. And BTW thx for all of this information :)

EDIT: And that adjustable resistor is made by me also

The FSD mounted on the fuse box is going to run it to hot. The heat sink has nowhere to shed the heat off to. Think of it as if the PMD were in a bucket of 190+ degrees F temp water. Just because its on a heat sink does not mean it is going to operate cooler. The IP/stock location would be better.

We have done years of testing this. The best solution is to get it out of engine bay. My kits are set up for behind the front bumper.
Have a good day.

Leroy

Last edited:
I inquired about one of those scratch and dent FSD coolers that is sold by SSchevelleman on Ebay. I asked him why they mount it on the intake instead of mounting it behind the front bumper. He said that the longer harness when installed behind the bumper will not work it will loose some of the signal and in time will burn up the pump and PMD. And he also said that it will run hotter behind the front bumper because it doesn't start to cool until about 20 mph, go figure.They have spent alot of time with their system and it is patented all others are copy's and are junk and theirs will last the life of your truck

Mark

I inquired about one of those scratch and dent FSD coolers that is sold by SSchevelleman on Ebay. I asked him why they mount it on the intake instead of mounting it behind the front bumper. He said that the longer harness when installed behind the bumper will not work it will loose some of the signal and in time will burn up the pump and PMD. And he also said that it will run hotter behind the front bumper because it doesn't start to cool until about 20 mph, go figure.They have spent alot of time with their system and it is patented all others are copy's and are junk and theirs will last the life of your truck

Mark

Walt actually said that? Sheesh.

1] patent a heat sink? Bah.

2] if it lasts the life of the truck, why the short warranty?

3] extension harness will lose signal and burn up the pump and PMD? Hoo boy, somebody needs to do some remedial work with electrical principles.

4] 20 mph? Possibly, if the cooler was thin-finned and undersized, depending only on airflow for thermal exchange. If it is more massive, or has extensive exchange zones, then airflow is irrelevant. All that's required is that the sink can shed heat faster than it accumulates it.

Here's an interesting question for him: What is the temperature of the underhood air in that location with the engine running? (Why is this important? because the heat sink will cease it's function of removing heat from the PMD as soon as the underhood air temp matched the PMD temp. If the underhood air gets hotter than the PMD, then the heat sink will actually transfer that heat INTO the PMD. If the PMD is bolted to the block, and the block temp gets to 200*, then the heat sink will ALSO be 200*.) Thermal flow is consistent with the temperature gradient, regardless of the heat sink used, and it will ALWAYS be cooler outside of the hood than inside it.

Thermodynamics 101. Class dismissed.

If anybody sees Walt, tell him I said hi.

Yeah it didn't make any sense to me either but I wanted to find out why they only offered it with the underhood harness being it is hotter there where they mount it versus behind the front bumper.

Mark

Mark

Yeah, Walts the MAN! Just ask him to warranty the part for 366 days...Hang on to that thought and the original "all others are junk" one.

Yeah it didn't make any sense to me either but I wanted to find out why they only offered it with the underhood harness being it is hotter there where they mount it versus behind the front bumper.

Mark

Because he wants to sell one more to you after 366 days.

I don't think he even warranty anything below 365 days.

Walt's lasted 5 months, 3k miles on the intake. When I sent it back he said he never got it.

It's been in the bumper now for over 4 years no problem.

Walt's lasted 5 months, 3k miles on the intake. When I sent it back he said he never got it.

It's been in the bumper now for over 4 years no problem.

You mail it to the bumper!!! The postman deliver it to the bumper??? LOL!

I must say that I´m very supprised about Bill Heath´s customer service. I asked offer from him and barely got shipping fee from him, but nothing more. I have tried to ask several times that whats the total and does he have all parts I want but no reply. Very disapointed :/

I must say that I´m very supprised about Bill Heath´s customer service. I asked offer from him and barely got shipping fee from him, but nothing more. I have tried to ask several times that whats the total and does he have all parts I want but no reply. Very disapointed :/

Was this by phone or email?

They answer emails, but sometimes it may take a while. Emails are always hard to tell if it's a real sale or a "tire kicker".

Phone requests are answered right then and there. No muss, no fuss...

They're pretty busy there. Every time I dropped in they had all 4 of them on the phone continuously. Todd or bill would hang up and the phone would ring within a few seconds.

Very very busy.

You really have to give them a call instead of email...

Walt actually said that? Sheesh.

1] patent a heat sink? Bah.

2] if it lasts the life of the truck, why the short warranty?

3] extension harness will lose signal and burn up the pump and PMD? Hoo boy, somebody needs to do some remedial work with electrical principles.

4] 20 mph? Possibly, if the cooler was thin-finned and undersized, depending only on airflow for thermal exchange. If it is more massive, or has extensive exchange zones, then airflow is irrelevant. All that's required is that the sink can shed heat faster than it accumulates it.

Here's an interesting question for him: What is the temperature of the underhood air in that location with the engine running? (Why is this important? because the heat sink will cease it's function of removing heat from the PMD as soon as the underhood air temp matched the PMD temp. If the underhood air gets hotter than the PMD, then the heat sink will actually transfer that heat INTO the PMD. If the PMD is bolted to the block, and the block temp gets to 200*, then the heat sink will ALSO be 200*.) Thermal flow is consistent with the temperature gradient, regardless of the heat sink used, and it will ALWAYS be cooler outside of the hood than inside it.

Thermodynamics 101. Class dismissed.

If anybody sees Walt, tell him I said hi.
IIRC Didn't GMCTD disprove that whole harness myth with an Oscilloscope or something ?

Bill happened to answer my call when I loose a bolt for the TM.

If you don't want to pay long distance, use skype.

Remember on the time difference to the West Coast of US (Pacific Time).

He did answer after all, now waiting for PayPal invoice :) All good, I ordered IP, TM, PMD harness and E tork chip and shipping was not bad at all :) Now just waiting very exited that those arrive and got to install :D
Meanwhile, could you tell me some experiences about Heath chip?

I'm PCM flash, not a chip but it's pretty much same thing.

My Heath tune worked great. Egts were under control pulling an 8500 lb travel trailer over heavy inclines and flat running. Egts were very easy to control, even running at the speed limit (or just about) with aforementioned trailer. Of course, if I drove stupid on steep hills or didn't watch it with cruise engaged, i could push the egts past 1200-1250.

Hill descent was worth it all by itself.

Power was improved everywhere, still not going to spank a corvette butbetter than stock.

I phoned bill up, told him how I intended to use the truck and he made me up a great reflash. Fits my uses perfectly, well, as perfectly as the truck can get for what it is....

I installed a TM as bills tune was set up for it. I tried it a couple times withhe stock vac setup and the truck was very odd. Boost shot right up or wasn't there at all. I suspect because bill knew I was going to runs TM that the boost tables weren't reworked.

No big, he did build my "custom tune" for the truck setup with the TM.

IIRC Didn't GMCTD disprove that whole harness myth with an Oscilloscope or something ?

Yes we did, on my truck :) same "Long" harness still installed on my truck as we tested 6 years ago I guess I'm on "borrowed time" according to Walt, also Bill puts the remote kits on pusher RVs with 6.5s I think Bill said he's made harnesses as long as 25' without issue. Walt is wrong, and doesn't like truth & why several of us are not allowed to post @ his site anymore.

Tim I was going to say basicaly the same thing. Ive sold thousands of ext cables and have never had a cable returned. Made some for the pusher RV's also. If the cables were a problem we would know.

Back