• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

6.5L Penninsular Turbo & Upper Intake Kit

DieselAmateur

She ain't revved 'til the rods are thrown...
Reaction score
Selling my Penninsular towing turbo and all intake piping plus aftermarket upper intake. Direct drop- in for factory side- mount turbo setup

I purchased this turbo brand new back in 2019 and it's worked flawlessly on my P400 without issue. Selling because I need the money more than I need the turbo and I have a bigger one on the shelf for new power goals. This is a non- gated borg warner unit with a much larger hot side than the gmx units and is an amazing upgrade over stock. Will put out an average of 10-14 psi depending on programming and being non- gated allows for a vacuum pump delete. Most I ever saw out of it was 21 psi but that was with a performance tune and I was pulling 10k behind me up a steep grade. It can perform great for serious towing. Only 35k miles on it, nothing wrong or loose.

$1250 includes shipping. Or Best Reasonable Offer. Nearly 2k new for everything here

IMG_9426[1].JPG

IMG_9421[1].JPG

IMG_9424[1].JPG

IMG_0179.JPG

I'll compare the outlet on it to a gm8 in the shop to see if they're the same size. Pretty certain that all the downpipes be it stock or aftermarket use a 3" vband clamp. The exhaust outlet is clocked to the right angle for a side mount setup. I'll see if I have a stock downpipe in the hedgerow to compare too

@Will L. the basic specs that I have (and all I have) is that it's a 54mm compressor and 64mm turbine. Six blade compressor wheel, never had it apart to see the blades on the turbine wheel.

It's a shame they're not available anymore (at least at the moment from Unique Diesel) as it seems to be in the sweet spot between a HX35 and a 35/40 for guys running stock or slightly above stock electronic fueling. It certainly gave my DS4 all it could handle. Glad to see it going to a good home

@DieselAmateur with a 16cm housing, right?

If so that is the general consensus of the ideal 35/40 hybrid for pickups. That are not pushing 105cc3 or more of fuel.
Said that wrong- pushing up to 105 is great.
At 110 then consider moving up in turbo.

I don't know the housing size offhand. Not sure if Unique Diesel would know either.

My 35/40 going on the dump truck has a 14cm housing. I thought that the 14 was the ideal size for our pickups, but another fellow with way more time in these things than I ever will asserts that he can get a 16 to spool just as quickly as a 14. It's likely a year or two down the road before my p400 is back online but when that time comes I'll be experimenting with a 16cm housing but not on the stock exhaust manifolds

The ideal turbine size is not one size fits all... amount of fuel, auto or stick tranny, gear ratio, terrain use, load being hauled, driver habits, etc all come into play.
What works well for someone that has a easy light right foot will be different than a impatient driver that has a heavy right foot....
A 35/40/14 @160cc's was the best for me when I tested a k2500 with 3.73 gears, 265/16 tires, 5 speed, towing heavy, max 70mph, that won't suit every driver and every situation...

Back