• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

paradox system

That's a company name that has a kit that taps the rear head plugs and pipes coolant to the water crossover and claims it helps cooling.

GMT 400 series with 6.5 TD option heater cores constant flow my 99 GMT 425 has dual heater cores in constant flow heater cores no heater hose shut off valve (s) like the earlier ones had.

GMT 400 series with 6.5 TD option heater cores constant flow my 99 GMT 425 has dual heater cores in constant flow heater cores no heater hose shut off valve (s) like the earlier ones had.
The heater control valve could come on any of them. My 99 tahoe has one on it. And the valve is a bypass, not a shut off, it actually flows better than the heater core does.

As to the paradox system, there was some testing done thst proved it actually made things worse by inducing flow blocking reversion. Heath's kit at least had a spring loaded valve so that it only opened at higher rpm's. You're still better off to run the spin on fan style balanced flow pump.

Gm ran every concept you can think of including running 2 extra electric water pumps at different speeds ot the rear ports trying to solve the issues and all of them were scrapped in place of the spin on waterpump and rerouting the 2nd hose which used to go to the water pump - notice the spin on pump has only one hose connection on top from thermostat crossover. Their best results playing with any of it was actually a different thermostat crossover with a single electric pump on passenger side only out the front of the head, not rear so it would draw more coolant through the driver side to keep up with the driver side. But it proved way more expensive than just the rework they ended up with.

Rerouting the one heater hose was a key part of getting the flow to balance out through block and head.
Gm even tried complete reverse flow like they did on corvette with water going into heads first then out front of block through waterpump.

Afaik Bill quit selling his rear head cooling kits years ago after I sent him copies of the test results GM did trying it.

The heater control valve could come on any of them. My 99 tahoe has one on it. And the valve is a bypass, not a shut off, it actually flows better than the heater core does.

As to the paradox system, there was some testing done thst proved it actually made things worse by inducing flow blocking reversion. Heath's kit at least had a spring loaded valve so that it only opened at higher rpm's. You're still better off to run the spin on fan style balanced flow pump.
As always I stand corrected about shutting off "thanks FERM" my brain fa_ts do get the better of me at times.

Back