• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

P400 head different than others... pics

Looks like a different "bowl" shape under the valve/s? Also looks like they did some porting?

Is the the P400 head you just bought?

Someone should put a PMD on a Dmax. :)

And this PMD location and overall "oops!" is exactly why GM would stay last even with a reputation for a high economy engine while staying out of the 'horsepower wars'. GM refusing to fix a "design problem" until the reputation required a different displacement 6.2 --> 6.5 and then an entire new design and engine name. And still 6.5 --> 6.6... The bar really isn't that high when we look at others like the Ford 6.0 having as bad or worse a reputation than the Olds 5.7 let alone the 'take the cab off to fix anything'. Then there is the Dodge wrapper around a Cummins that has a high replacement price tag if it scatters aka: doesn't deliver the 1/2 million miles it's known for. Again the bar isn't that high and one needs to look at the entire vehicle that will $50 and $100 you to death with age and higher miles. Long lasting doesn't sell new vehicles, Hmmmmm... :rolleyes:

Bottom line is none of the Big 3 give a real damn about reliability: They care more about the bottom line and only high warranty costs will force them to improve reliability on new models. Even the foreign car makers are getting with the American program of cost cutting and not really giving a damn (anymore) with a single specific example of Takata's Ammonium Nitrate bean counter low bidder decision and shall we say the largest recall in the history of anything ever recalled.

Even the deep pockets of The Military require a low bidder. At least the Deep Pockets can "fix" the Low Bidder problems after the fact only because the replacement cost is so high and full of red tape and the market is there. Say to redesign a GM 6.5L...

Looks like a different "bowl" shape...

Is the the P400 head you just bought?

No, this is one that I broke through and didn't get worked on anymore....

The replacement set are being hacked on now, just finding out the why's so it doesn't bite me again.... like I said, they are different in other ways not shown ....

Awesome information. Thank you for sharing. That flow improvement between the valves is such an important change, I'd buy them just for that if I was building one I planned to keep for years to come.

Sent from Tapatalk

Back