• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

P400 for sale on ebay

That's quite the flip!

Was watching him over on the page, is there something wrong with me? If I spent my life mithering about the finer points of some of the diesels I work on i'd never get anywhere LOL. Odds are it is what it is an OK 18,000 mile unit. At the price paid at least throw it on a stand and see what kind of deal you got. Folks should come into my world and try to keep a worn to shit tired old 1930's diesel running with bugger all money, bailing wire and a crap load of hope to gain a new perspective of things.

Cheers
Nobby

That's quite the flip!

Was watching him over on the page, is there something wrong with me? If I spent my life mithering about the finer points of some of the diesels I work on i'd never get anywhere LOL. Odds are it is what it is an OK 18,000 mile unit. At the price paid at least throw it on a stand and see what kind of deal you got. Folks should come into my world and try to keep a worn to shit tired old 1930's diesel running with bugger all money, bailing wire and a crap load of hope to gain a new perspective of things.

Cheers
Nobby

We would love a project thread for that prespective. Difference between "classic" and "antique"...

That's quite the flip!

Was watching him over on the page, is there something wrong with me? If I spent my life mithering about the finer points of some of the diesels I work on i'd never get anywhere LOL. Odds are it is what it is an OK 18,000 mile unit. At the price paid at least throw it on a stand and see what kind of deal you got. Folks should come into my world and try to keep a worn to shit tired old 1930's diesel running with bugger all money, bailing wire and a crap

Man, I walked some of that road. Turning v8 into v7s, leather straping seals, pouring lead and brass to refit pistons, heck even just how few people anymore have done babbitt bearings.
The things we have as an advantage to the generations of past though- muggy rod, jb weld, and the right stuff.

I will throw my wanna see it in the hat too. Always like to see an artist at work.

Yeah, that "cash only" throws up ALL sorts of red flags, like no eBay purchase protection or PayPal protection. Didn't that motor originally have the turbo and IP on it, and now he's selling it without them for a helluva mark up?

Didn't that motor originally have the turbo and IP on it, and now he's selling it without them for a helluva mark up?

No, it just had the lower intake resting on the heads. No turbo nor IP lines visible in the pictures posted by the 1st seller (the add is still visible if you select the link posted and then 'view original item').

Back