• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

P.m.d. resistor problem.

The old ones and new ones use 2 different resistors but you can make it work work by trimming the little tabs off. I think that’s why AK was asking about the color of the pmd. You might have a old cable and a new pmd. Or the other way around.

As far as I know the resistor is the same, just the plug-in part is different
Supposed to keep you from using an extension cable that has pims made from the wrong materials.

The PMD I have in right now.. is black and for what it's worth it has a blue and a yellow dot on it... Don't know if they mean anything... I have three other p.m.d's to use under my backseat... I did notice the other day when I had the plenum off to change my thermostats that the original PMD is a standadyn...actually it might not be the original but that's the one that was in the truck when I bought it... But that one hasn't been hooked up as long as I have owned the truck... I think the truck is just running off stored codes and I'm kind of scared to correct that because if it rescans it might not run again then I got figure out what's wrong too much of a headache

Or, if you don't want to do the relearn procedure, the ECM should read the new resistor value after 50 restarts and adjust accordingly, IIRC.

The fifty starts relearn thing is OBD1. TD ran without a resistor at all for over a year to prove Steaksauces adjustable fuel thing wouldn't work

Thanks. Pushing towards 60 and that Oldheimer's thing is starting to kick in. Plus, owning an OBD1 and an OBD2 6.5, sometimes I do get things bassackwards between my 94 and 98's on other things, too. Oh yeah, Steaksauce, whatever became of him?

Back