• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

over boost code

Joey D

Reaction score
The scanner reads super-boost but i forgot the code number. This happens when I nail it on the highway.
I never hit more than 14lbs of boost. I run Heaths tune and the ATT.

Well, the question is, what is the boost when it is setting the code? Is it actually underboosting. If you are already going a good speed the ATT doesnt just quick go to 14psi on the highway unless you are under load. Although Heath may have tuned for it to be 14psi under those conditions, but the ATT is only doing 7psi. So you code for underboost not overboost. And its a 10 second condition to code.

They could have just disabled that code all together, but they make the tolerances higher so it shouldnt set in most case if using a TurboMaster and GMx turbo. The ATT doesnt boost the same way though.

Well, the question is, what is the boost when it is setting the code? Is it actually underboosting. If you are already going a good speed the ATT doesnt just quick go to 14psi on the highway unless you are under load. Although Heath may have tuned for it to be 14psi under those conditions, but the ATT is only doing 7psi. So you code for underboost not overboost. And its a 10 second condition to code.

They could have just disabled that code all together, but they make the tolerances higher so it shouldnt set in most case if using a TurboMaster and GMx turbo. The ATT doesnt boost the same way though.

You may be on to something.
It does happen before i hit the higher boost numbers so maybe the boost is lower than what the computer wants at certain throttle positions.
I will have to do some more research.

I have the programming tables and an ATT, I can see exactly why it would set the code for you. I just disable the code all together in my own PCM program to avoid it with the ATT. Although I have programmed it before to just work correctly by shaping the boost curve to actually match what I expect out of the ATT. The problem arises because they just set really high desired boost levels in the programming instead of actually having a "curve" of when there shouldnt be a lot of boost. The only reason it works with the TM is that they double the amount of error that is allowed before it codes.

Back