• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Our New Shop

Cool, lot of work with a dairy. We raise 9,000 finishing hogs and 1000 nursery, and my parents own about 500 acres which we rent out, and haul our manure on, plus some neighbors buy our manure too. Not too much money in milk or meat lately, though. I'm glad we contract raise, not own.

With Jerseys we get a premium for our milk, but we also produce less. In the end Jerseys pencil out to be more profitable, but its hard to get holstien owners to admit to it.

But the milk price does still suck.

Sweet did you think of adding sprinklers either a wet system or even a dry system that you hook up a hose feed it. Sorry its the FF in me.
Beets working in the cold outside thats what I doing replacing my injector pump.
Miller makes a great machine I used to have a few in my shop before being a fire fighter.
My favorite was mig/ tig great for ss and aluminum.
Best of Luck enjoy

Only thing i don't see is a fridge with beer in it. Other than that looks great.

Nah we cant get away with that. With the amount of people running around on our farm it probably wouldnt be the best idea.

Heck we cant even put a pop in the fridge in the milkhouse without it getting stolen. Fortuneately for me the house is only a few steps away from the shop.

We are looking at putting a pop machine in our breakroom in the milkhouse though,

got a couple new additions in the last couple days

3500lb 9'x5' welding table

Fridge in the office

And our new corner booth. Free .99 got it out of the local Culvers that was remodeling

IMAG0107.jpg

snapped some more pics today.

the welding table we just picked up, errrr, storage table. We need to extend it, its midget height, but very nice for working with wheely chairs until you start getting slag and spatter in your lap

IMAG0042.jpg

metric and SAE bolt bins

IMAG0041.jpg

my harbor freight special box (its whats inside that counts)

IMAG0040.jpg

Filter inventory.

IMAG0038-1.jpg

IMAG0039-1.jpg

office and bathroom

IMAG0034.jpg

office

IMAG0037.jpg

bathroom

IMAG0035.jpg

corner booth out of local fast food restaurant in office

IMAG0107.jpg

an old antifreeze drum we use to hold hydraulic hose. We havent bought 250' spools of 1/4" or 3/4" yet because we dont use very much,

Looks good, I see you're rebuilding a few discbines.

thats just one, our 18' new holland. Cutterbar sucks. Rebuild it every year. Different parts of it this year is the top bearings which we did 1.5 years ago. Only 600 some hours on it. We use a 33' Pottinger V10 for the majority of our cutting. The HW365 doesnt see as much action anymore. The power unit is very nice though.

My brother has his NH 16 ft torn apart now too. It cuts real nice but he is always rebuilding the cutter bar.

Ya they suck. We sunk a few grand into ours last year, had to replace all of the crossshafts and gears, and bearings.

The pottiger cuts nicer than our New holland and dries it twice as fast. 3 11' mowers with 8' rubber conditioning rolls in them really drys it fast. We can cut after the dew is off and be chopping as little as 4 hours later if we have a nice hot dry breezy day.

Back