• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Our New Shop

That is the hose crimper. It’s a Dana Coll-O-Crimp T-462. Its air/hydraulic. These are not cheap units which is why its nice that NAPA provides them, otherwise we would not be able to justify one. IIRC there are about 15 other businesses set up with this program.
I also have a couple more pics that I snapped with my phone since im sitting in here due to the fact that the Wi-Fi is very fast in here.
The first one is the fancy new torque wrench. It’s from NAPA and it’s a KD brand tool. Even says made in the USA on two different spots. It’s a very nice tool very well built, much easier to operate than the 3/4 “ torque wrenchs from the Big three that ive used. The NAPA part number is SER 2953 and it will run you about $480.

The second pic is the waste oil burner. It’s a Lanair MXB-400 400,000 Btu burner. We also got this through our NAPA guy. We might as well buy him an engagement ring. Haha. Its almost ready to be up and running, in the pic were just working out some of the last minute setup procedures to get it running right.

Torquewrench.jpg

oilburner.jpg

Last edited:
I'd say over 300,000 when it's allsaid and done with tools and everything but it's a small price to pay for the amount of money it's saving our farm. We fix nearly everything we are capable of knowledge wise and if I do go back to school for diesel technology we will be doing all of our own work but I'm still undecided as of now.
Holy frig!!,i did'nt pay that much for my whole 1800 acre ranch.
But then,i am just a 1 man operation and dont need a big shop like yours. I sure can use an upgrade though :sad:

300,000 wont get much land around here. workable farmland in our area is very expensive, but were in some of the most productive land in the state.

The land down the road from us is zoned commercial and they want 120,000 and acre.

Well weve got some more things done, now with milk prices coming around we can work on finishing things up in the shop.

Two weekends ago me and my cousin installed the stereo system. Which consists of 6 8" speakers flush mounted in the cieling. We may add a few more. then a cheap reciever we had laying around is running the speakers for now until we get a better one and HUGE antenna.

We got the computer all setup and the next day took it down as we decided to start building the office and bathroom as well as the small storage room that will section of the air compressor from the rest of the shop.

The oil burner is up and working and our shop us now at a very comfortable 65* I actually find myself sweating a lot. It used to be at 50 which was pretty cold if your werent doing anything.

were also looking intop putting a cell phone repeater in.

Ill get some pics up next week. this weekend were having a big meeting in it so Ill have it all nice and sparkly again.

Did Morton do the site work also? I'm in the thinking process of a shop here at the house since we don't have one out this way big enough for our equipment. Lookin at Morton or FBI. Looks good in there.

Our normal excavator did all of the rough work if thats what your asking. Basically all he did was get a good sound level foundation for them. They drilled the holes for the posts and such, and our concrete guys did the concrete.

More makes very good buildings but they are very expensive.

Did Morton do the site work also? I'm in the thinking process of a shop here at the house since we don't have one out this way big enough for our equipment. Lookin at Morton or FBI. Looks good in there.

If you go with FBi, you're helping me out in an indirect way. :) FBi is our parent company. :) Not to mention, between my dad and me, we've been looking at barns about the same way we look at trucks and trailers- browse but not buy - but FBi seems to have a more interactive webpage, and they seem to be the leaders in pole barn technology and safety. Other than that - I can't tell you too much...since I never did work for them directly.

Anyhow - that looks like a great farm there Vinny!!

I dont know anything about FBI but the Morton buildings are built way overkill. Im pretty sure we could put a few semis on our loft and it would still stand.

They also have a 30 year warrenty that covers nearly everything the insurance company wont. Paint and all.

Doesn't get any better than Morton but I've seen several FBI buildings and they are top notch. Do I hear Cleary?

J/K...):h

haha good joke.

the owner of cleary has a house near me.

Im not a big fan of their buildings very cheap.

keller buildings are also nice, but steel.

I have 1 Cleary barn. The rest I built myself. Guess which barn is the only one I've ever had trouble with?

One thing we learned is that you never have enough lights or outlets, so to adress this situation we decided to go seriously overkill and never regret it in the end. There is a total of 222 light bulbs on the ceiling. Half can be shut off and the row above the tool boxes can be turned on seperately. We went against the sodium hay lights as they take too long to power up. Let me just say its bright. and when we first built it and it was empty, it was a little too bright at night and I found myself turning half of them off. For the outlets we put recepticles with 4 plugins every 5' around the entire shop for a totoal of somewhere around 50 plug ins. We also have two welder plugs, one at the back of the shop and one at the front, but we have a 50' extenson cord so we can go anywhere with it.

Very nice shop, looks like you planned things out nicely.
I was wondering, how many plugs are your running of the same breaker/circuit? With 50 plug ins, all the lights, wleder plugs, etc. how big is your electrical panel? How much voltage are you running into the shop? Any three phase setups?
Thanks,
Sir Veyor

I'm guessing they have three phase, with the dairy.

That's a great looking shop Vinny. Ours is a 60 X 45 shop, and I might post pics this weekend.

Off Topic, but what's your operation like (head milked, acres run, etc.)? I'm assuming it's just dairy and crops? Just curious.

Our farm is all 480v three phase. In the shop only the welder and air compressors are three phase.

I dont know off hand how many outlets are tied into one breaker, but the electrical panel is full of about 100 of them. That panel isnt our biggest though, our main 3 phase panel is huge due to the size of the breakers for the 3 phase. Its talled than me (im 6'2").

We milk 700 jerseys and raise 1,000 acres just for supporting the cows and a some vegatables for the local cannery to have some groiund to haul manure on.

Back