• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Our New house

IMG_20210916_183635.jpgOk so i got bored, and have been curious about the septic tank.... it's Not backing up or anything but wanted to figure out where it is and such because after tearing off the additions on the back of the house some of the pipe was above ground..also figured it would be better to find the hatch when the ground isn't frozen solid in case it needs to be pumped.... After deciding that a back hoe was in order my back, along with a shovel and hoe got to work.... After much digging I found the tank cover about 2 feet under ground.. the nut to the cover came of pretty easy with some pb blaster. .. come to find out it is a metal tank, the inlet baffel looks solid ld is solid etc. But not sure what I can tell about the actual tank condition with it full .... Code has no record of it being installed, but that's not a surprise cause codes only been in this town since the late 90s...

IMG_20211025_150710.jpg

SCORE!!!! Wife was surfing craigslist and some people were giving these butch block countertops away for free!!! Brand new never installed...!!
Now I just gotta figure out how to cut a sink hole in one.. this stuff don't cut easy..lol

if your handy with wood working, you can always build a section of the counter trying to match the butchers block that already has the opening for the sink or do a section for the sink covered in tile so that area doesn't get banged up by the pots n pans (not sure how hard the wood is). then seam the butchers block to it. just throwing ideas.

I bet you didn't pay much for this house, I wish you the best of luck dealing with these difficulties, but I don't see here any critical damage or something you cannot fix. This is just a question of time. Anyway, you got very lucky with this mansion, the house looks huge, and you got a lot of work. Also, we can all see the signs of a housing market crash near, so you cannot spend any money on reconstruction and buy a new house when the real estate market crashes.

That is valuable garden area Stoney! I see taters and corn in that area! Haha.

I’m feeling the pain with you on building material costs. I can’t put pics online incase nosey neighbor that is mad at me for not rebuilding his 6.5 for free sticks his nose in. Stupid house using my 6.5 money.

How is your house coming along?

Are there any follow-up pictures of the house? You did a great job there! I think you bought the house just in time because the real estate prices are mad now. I also want to buy a house, but now I’m not sure whether it’s the right time for that.
There are some houses for sale in my town, and I asked an evaluator to evaluate them and tell me whether the price is suitable or not. Thorough house expertise can help you avoid many issues with the house and know right away what you will have to deal with and how much money you will have to spend on repairing the house.

Last edited by a moderator:
Are there any follow-up pictures of the house? You did a great job there! I think you bought the house just in time because the real estate prices are mad now. I also want to buy a house, but now I’m not sure whether it’s the right time for that.
There are some houses for sale in my town, and I asked RICS Home Survey Level 2 to evaluate them and tell me whether the price is suitable or not. Thorough house expertise can help you avoid many issues with the house and know right away what you will have to deal with and how much money you will have to spend on repairing the house.
If you have cash. There's always a deal. If you have to have a loan, I'd wait until prices came down to match the amount interest rates have gone up.

Or look into farming and get a starting farmer, farm loan

I agree with @Twisted Steel Performance . Don't take out a loan for anything right now. The market is insane! @jrsavoie what are you referring to staring farmer farm loan? I didn't know such a thing existed... If politics here in New York don't change, we're gonna dump everything we can into this place and get it finished. And sell it... hopefully buy a good size piece of land in a red state.. I'll have to get some updated pics tomorrow..

I agree with @Twisted Steel Performance . Don't take out a loan for anything right now. The market is insane! @jrsavoie what are you referring to staring farmer farm loan? I didn't know such a thing existed... If politics here in New York don't change, we're gonna dump everything we can into this place and get it finished. And sell it... hopefully buy a good size piece of land in a red state.. I'll have to get some updated pics tomorrow..
I don't know much about the starter loans. Other than with a good plan a lot of money can be borrowed.
If you weren't tied down, you could hit the farm circuit and get educated on farm ways.
I believe they're harvesting beets and potatoes back to back right now.
Corn and soybean harvest is just starting around here

Back