• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Ordered a Heath Tune

Reaction score
So I finally sold my half decent Hypertech tune, and I'm picking up a Heath Towing tune basically because it's better than what I was running before. What can I expect to see in terms of improvements? I'm also planning on putting an HX35 on my truck relatively soon, and even though this tune is for a stock turbo, will it put out enough fuel for the Holset to spool nicely?

X2. If cash flow is an issue, do the turbo first.

If money is not a factor, consider getting a tune to match the turbo at the same time the turbo goes into the truck. This way you only pay for one tune. Last I checked, Heath had a window where he re-tunes for free if it is not quite right. To come back to the point about installing the turbo and tune together, you get the most benefit of the re-tune window when doing both items at the same time. IIRC, Heath had a discounted rate for returning customers (after the 're-tune for free' window), so worst case you can go this route if it is easier to afford just a tune or turbo right now.

I already had a Heath tune when i did my 18cm 2 HX40w CKO which is perhaps hands down the best mod ever that I've done to this Burb.

Since I don't race or beat on it any limiting tuning factors using the DS pump is a moot issue however Bill does sell the Merlin DS pump and others sell the Bull Moose DB2 so the depth of one's pocket becomes the limiting factor.

Whatever you decide good luck and keep us posted.

I picked the tune up from someone off of another forum. My hx35 is currently on my work bench at home half taken apart, waiting to be reclocked, have a turbo master made, as well as a down pipe adapter. The tune was relatively cheap, and I'm going to go crazy if im on stock tuning for over a week. I appreciate the input though guys. I plan on eventually getting a kojo tune for the hx35+water meth

X2. If cash flow is an issue, do the turbo first.

If money is not a factor, consider getting a tune to match the turbo at the same time the turbo goes into the truck. This way you only pay for one tune. Last I checked, Heath had a window where he re-tunes for free if it is not quite right. To come back to the point about installing the turbo and tune together, you get the most benefit of the re-tune window when doing both items at the same time. IIRC, Heath had a discounted rate for returning customers (after the 're-tune for free' window), so worst case you can go this route if it is easier to afford just a tune or turbo right now.

If I recall correctly Bill charged me $100-$150 to retune when I dropped my hx-35 in. You are going to want more fuel to spool up the turbo once its in.

Pleased to hear it worked out for you. I didn't want to speak for him, but I was certain Bill would do you as right as he did SSForce. That was some tune and a hoot to drive. Hope you're able to enjoy yours as much as he did.

Back