• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Opinions on the Valvoline Syn Gard TES295 Trans Fluid?

Heartbeat Hauler

A(ACLU) Agent Yoda
Reaction score
So I am looking to replenish my stock of Transynd for the Allison in my dually, and since I don't live in Evansville anymore I can't get it where I used too. So I look around the area and a Allison Service Center in Wheeling WV (about an hour away) has it in either 1 gallon or 6 gallon pale. I ask for a price and he quotes me his bulk price of $57 per gallon. :eek: WTF!!!

Last time I bought it about 2 years ago it was $30 a gallon....wow!

Anyways, the John Deere store here doesn't carry and can't get the JD TES295 stuff.

I called the local NAPA store and they can get the Valvoline Syn Gard (TES295) for $36 a gallon.

What do you guys think?

And, can I also use this stuff in my wife's 04 Suburban 2500 4L80E?

dexron III/ Mercon non synthetic and change regularly...

I don't know if it is just for built transmissions, but IIRC MikeL does not like synthetic

I don't know if it is just for built transmissions, but IIRC MikeL does not like synthetic

For a stock trans TRANSYND isas good as it gets. For a built trans he likes either QUATRASYN or DEX 3 fluid. QUATRASYN is getting as hard to find as hens teeth here lately with there chavez association.

For a stock trans TRANSYND isas good as it gets. For a built trans he likes either QUATRASYN or DEX 3 fluid. QUATRASYN is getting as hard to find as hens teeth here lately with there chavez association.

Yeah, I read where Mike L doesn't push synthetic for built transmissions, something about the clutch packs, it;s been awhile since I read it.

Problem is I refuse to pay $57 a gallon for Transynd, that's just robbery! That's why I was asking about the Syn Gard from Valvoline. It too has the TES295 rating, I guess that should asnwer the question, but I thought I would throw it out there in case someone has heard/experienced any negative stuff with Valvoline....which by the wy I can get for $36 a gallon.

Yeah, I read where Mike L doesn't push synthetic for built transmissions, something about the clutch packs, it;s been awhile since I read it.

Problem is I refuse to pay $57 a gallon for Transynd, that's just robbery! That's why I was asking about the Syn Gard from Valvoline. It too has the TES295 rating, I guess that should asnwer the question, but I thought I would throw it out there in case someone has heard/experienced any negative stuff with Valvoline....which by the wy I can get for $36 a gallon.

$57 a gallon, HOLY CRAP! the ALLISON dealer by me charges $32 in individual gallons, or $156 in a 5 gallon pale. Mike's favorite fluid is a TES-295 type synthetic. He specifically said not to use the valvoline TES-295 copy as it has a stop leak in it. MOBIL DELVAC has a TRUE TES-295 type fluid that is virtually identical to TRANSYND. Also keep in mind that only a few fluids are actually TES-295 approved, but there are ALOT of supposed equivalants out there. Also if you have a JOHN DEERE dealer locally, they can get you the same TES-295 fluid as TRANSYND under there brand normally for about $35 a gallon.

I'm a localized JD parts hub, have stocked shelves and they will send a supply truck with dealer discount. I am going to have to look into the JD fluid.

Good info...my step father is the parts manager at our local John Deere store....I'll be able to get his price......

Sent from my MZ617 using Tapatalk HD

Also you could ask Wrecker what he gets for AMSOIL torque drive. I believe the AMSOIL is about the same price as TRANSYND is in most places.

Got 50K on my amsoil and the color looks ok but I have a deep pan sitting here so if I dont burn it up soon I might throw the pan on with new fluid.

I'm waiting on my JD parts man to get the data sheet back to me so I can post it but the TES-295 fluid is for the industrial side of JD and it's not readily available to the Ag side guys. He can get it but it would cost about $50 per gal. I said thanks Karl, but I'll pass...;)

OUCH! $50 a gallon is rough. I just lucked out and found QUATRASYN(the stuff MIKE L likes) for $25 a gallon. Hoping to go pick up 10 gallons of it tommorrow.

hmmm...almost tempted to paypal you some money to pick me up some...

I went ahead and told them to get me 3 pales. If you decide you want one you can pick it up when your down, if not I'll keep it for my shop as it is also good for DEX III, MERCON V, and CHRYSLER ATF+4

I went ahead and told them to get me 3 pales. If you decide you want one you can pick it up when your down, if not I'll keep it for my shop as it is also good for DEX III, MERCON V, and CHRYSLER ATF+4

Thanks...Hopefully we can meet up...dunno which vehicle we'll be in yet, so I'm not sure how much room we'll have.

Thanks...Hopefully we can meet up...dunno which vehicle we'll be in yet, so I'm not sure how much room we'll have.

If you don't get that seat fixed, I know you'll be in your truck as theres no way you can fit behind the wheel with it set for her.

Back