• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Opinions of Olsa socket holder rails

schiker

Reaction score
Has anyone tried Olsa socket organizers? I tried an all plastic Sears version and it was ok but plastic flexed too much. I like the look of these Olsa aluminum ones?

olsa-socketholder.PNG

Biggest issue I would have is no label for size. I like mine with the center post with size on it. I can see at a quick glance what I need and what's missing. They do stay in the drawer so I don't handle them

Suck.

These were the number one seller for all tools guys for years. Other than the crappy metal ones that are given free with each set this is hands down most used in pro shops- myself included.
6C2060C1-4C4E-4F9E-8E40-7989BCA6FC0C.png

Yep. I had 2 sets of each. For chrome and impact.
Had them for so many years, a few broke tips and patched, gave away a full 6 pc set to a good friend. Want to get 2 of the 6 pc sets again.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B001C6NL52/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1513483395&sr=8-1&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_QL65&keywords=hansen+global+92000+sae+&+metric+socket+storage+trays&dpPl=1&dpID=51-8Yw7rjDL&ref=plSrch

I have same of the metal plate 4 row socket holders that I used on the service truck. It was nice because i could carry with one hand, all sockets needed for a service call. But removing and installing sockets was annoying. I will be back to all sockets on the plastic ones soon as I can spend the nickles.

Btw, these are a good example of tool trucks are not always more expensive. Back when I was a Mac guy I sold them about $4 each cheaper than was available anywhere, and Snapon could beat my price by 25 cents each for about a year. This is another of many tools made by 1 company and relabeled as Mac, snappy, craftsman, etc. but many times a better warranty. Mac drill bits and deburring bits have lifetime warranty for breaking. Only one I ever heard of. Yes about 10% more pricey to buy than bits of equal quality, but by the time you replace the 4th or 5th drill bit from the set, or knock teeth off debur tool 1 time, you are $ ahead long term. The plastic socket holders on Mac truck was 30 day warranty back then. No clue now days.

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
I have seen the pole tray and almost bought some a few times. I'll start with them for the 12 pt sockets. They look good to stay in the drawer. Might try the Olsa rail for some swivel sockets, Allen, and Torx bits that have no thru hole.

I tried a couple of these holders and they are alright but not enough holes and seem to take up too much room. I just don't like them as much as I thought I would.

hole-tray.PNG

Yeah, I bought it them too and had same result. The magnetic part was nice to carry around the set when needed.
That is the drawback of the plastic hansen ones. Great in a draw- suck to carry anywhere. I really wish they would make the hansen ones out of metal, and have a magnet base like the one you posted the pic of. Then it would be perfect imo. I thought about trying to make it, but the size label is so much of what makes that great, and I would have no way to label the size.

Back