• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Opinions needed - Performed Optical Bump

Right now it’s still starting in the first try. Just noticed this seemingly slower cranking recently.

As noted:
Start with the batteries. Don't assume here. Unless you have ruined as many batteries and as often as I have: maybe you can tell by ear when one has quit giving it's all during cranking of the 6.X Diesel.

What a relief when it's been just a loose bolt on a battery.

These starters won't bench test: 1 of 4 brushes can be bad and they spin. Slowly under load, but, they still spin.

Fix it before you walk and need the hook. It's giving you a clear warning it wants some TLC.

Did your future Son in Law seriously complain about a single problem like DW? And then not help you fix it? Or was it "Please Stop Bringing me the wrong tools" combined with "ouch my ears" over flashlight aim? 🤪

Ignore your friends, they know less than the people here.

Our K2500 Suburbans with 6.5s never light the tires from a standing start and that’s with ATT turbos and tunes, with TDCO set at -1.94.

I’m old AF, so I am good with it.

Ok. Just got home from work and grabbed my two multimeters. One with my amp clamp and the other for voltage. Not sure if I have the amp clamp settings on the meter right. It’s been a long time since I’ve used it lol

I have not pulled anything apart to check cables yet. This is just a pre-test. Does 10.26 volts and 530+\- amps look right for the starter draw?

Pics. Left side is the amp clamp, right side is the voltage connected to the passenger side battery.

Pics in order… key off voltage, key on glows warming, cranking, and idle (note the engine is warm from driving home)

6CB9E8D4-1F05-4838-8321-4CE162DBE4F7.pngC11E1161-3234-484B-B8BD-DCDE9EFA777F.pngE4343754-010C-41FA-B25A-3B0DC53EF8CC.pngD00C7497-7965-4BDA-AE0E-085DCCD42EAB.png

Back