• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Oil Sensor extender hose

Diesel Engine 909

Pay ya money. Take ya chances
Reaction score
Hello, i am knew to this site,. I recently came into possession of a 94 silverado king cab long bed 2WD 6.5 TD, not running. I replaced the PMD with a relocation kit. Still no start. I was advised to replace the oil sending unit as the Lift pump does not seem to pump when cranking. But my question is , where can i get an oil sensor extender hose. I can't seem to locate one thru this site.

Welcome to the truck stop. Order the hose, you will want one, and a new ops while your there.

If you disconnect the leads to the lift pump and run jumper wires just for testing until the parts come in, we will help you in diagnosing the no start. Once you have fuel going THROUGH the fuel filter( check for it at the brass tee) loosen a injector line nut at any injector and check for fuel there while cranking. Don't expect a lot.

Let us know how your doing.

Hiya 909, glad you found the site! Lots to learn and plenty of helpful people here :)

Hello, i am knew to this site,. I recently came into possession of a 94 silverado king cab long bed 2WD 6.5 TD, not running. I replaced the PMD with a relocation kit. Still no start. I was advised to replace the oil sending unit as the Lift pump does not seem to pump when cranking. But my question is , where can i get an oil sensor extender hose. I can't seem to locate one thru this site.

Thanks Henry, Got you order this AM. Will mail today.

On a 94 you can get power to the LP without the engine running, or running extra wiring.

Just go under the hood and to the passenger side of the firewall. There, next to the plastic coolant tank, is a plastic cover over a 12V power buss. There is a covered fuse holder under this cover also. This blade type fuse is for the LP. Pull the fuse and re-insert just one blade into the holder, leaving the other fuse blade outside the holder. See the second pic (I got the pics loaded backwards and am too lazy to try to figure out a way to change them)

Touch this exposed blade to one of the hot 12V studs that are found next to this fuse. See the first pic.

If you have a jumper wire with alligator clips on each end you can have constant power to the LP while doing other work on your truck, and all while having a working inline fuse.

Don

Attachments

• IMGP1707.jpg
    IMGP1707.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 4
  • IMGP1706.jpg
    IMGP1706.jpg
    81.5 KB · Views: 4
Thanks for all the help. I ordered the Leroy hose. I found a socket specifically made to remove/install the ops. Napa part #3458

Thanks for the tip, handcannon. I'm going to tackle that ops replacement today. I'll use your method to test the pump.

So i replaced the ops. I jumped the lift pump. It sounds like it's working. Some fuel seeped thru the top of the fuel management filter. I cracked open an injector, but no fuel is leaking out of it. Now a new problem has developed. After cranking the motor for only 3 - 4 seconds at a time, the starter hangs up on the flywheel and continues cranking until it starts to deplete the batteries, even after i turn ignition off. The starter also squeaks when turning. I'll have to replace it. The Yosemite fires have caused severe breathing conditions today and i can feel it in my lungs. It feels like i smoked 2 packs of cigs last night, and i quit smoking over 10 years ago. so i hung it up for today.

That smoke is very nasty. Last year I spent a few days in the smokey environment and it about killed my eyes. I don't really have allergies, but I had them then!

Starter sounds like the solenoid is hanging up?

Cracking the injector line with engine off will produce no fuel.

The LP only pushes fuel up to the IP.

The injector fuel comes out after the IP.

Sounds like the starter went out anyway.
You may need to get new batteries (load test the original ones before doing that).
Clean and tightened all the electrical connectors.

If you are cranking and there is no fuel at injector, it is either the PMD and/or the IP issue.

I melted the side post out of my battery from that, now
Top post connected.
Also has battery disconnect. Now.

Back