• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Oh the benefits of living in race city

Reaction score
I was crawling around under Brutus the other day and grabbed the rear driveshaft and noticed the rear u joint was a tick loose, so I jumper in my parts car and headed over to Roush Yates Parts, They have thousands of used racing parts there grabbed a driveshaft off the rack walked up to the desk and said I needed the 1350 U Joints, Sam said take the driveshaft press out the U Joints and bring me back the Slip Yoke and we are square, So the High Dollar Spicer U Joints cost me $0.00 Dollars
001-15.jpg

002-14.jpg

The Nascar Driveshafts are Huge
003-13.jpg

All Pressed in and ready to go back in Brutus, yes I wire wheeled it and painted it of course
004-10.jpg

Nice when a plan comes together:tiphat:thumbsup:..........."Roush Yates Parts," is that a Race Car Junk/Salvage Yard?...."Pick and Pull?"

Are the "Spicer 1350 U-Joints," what we have now?......Or is it an Upgraded/Larger/Heavier, better quality, U-Joint than comes OEM?

Nice when a plan comes together:tiphat:thumbsup:..........."Roush Yates Parts," is that a Race Car Junk/Salvage Yard?...."Pick and Pull?"

Are the "Spicer 1350 U-Joints," what we have now?......Or is it an Upgraded/Larger/Heavier, better quality, U-Joint than comes OEM?
They are Spicer 1350 OEM but nothing like the ones from Cup cars really stout and $$$ over $100 bucks new ea. No grease zerk but they are solid not hollow like OEM

I'm guessing the nascar shaft is aluminum for reasons of critical speed vibrations which would explain the reason for them being so large in diameter. And the GMT-400 2500/3500's used 1350 U-joints, the newer GMT-800's(01-07) use either 1410 or 1420's(nobody has been able to figure out GM's ryme or reason for using 2 different u-joints that are so close to each other throughout the production run).

I'm guessing the nascar shaft is aluminum for reasons of critical speed vibrations which would explain the reason for them being so large in diameter. And the GMT-400 2500/3500's used 1350 U-joints, the newer GMT-800's(01-07) use either 1410 or 1420's(nobody has been able to figure out GM's ryme or reason for using 2 different u-joints that are so close to each other throughout the production run).

.095 Steel x 4 inch is the rule they are stout

The parts come from Race teams all over Mooresville, for the most part they are separated and on shelves, anything from complete engines to nuts and bolts to rolling cars

Back