• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Offroad toy?

Like this.........OH well somthings not letting me post the image.
Model 92 Beretta. 9mm, couldn't knock a 90 year old lady down if you hit her center of body mass. Overly complicated to tear down (I could field strip my 1911A1 in under 10 seconds) and just felt fragile in your hand compared to the venerable and indestructible .45 auto. But, all in the name of NATO ammunition compatibility and uniformity. THEY all should have adopted the .45 ACP round and Model 1911A1!

Model 92 Beretta. 9mm, couldn't knock a 90 year old lady down if you hit her center of body mass. Overly complicated to tear down (I could field strip my 1911A1 in under 10 seconds) and just felt fragile in your hand compared to the venerable and indestructible .45 auto. But, all in the name of NATO ammunition compatibility and uniformity. THEY all should have adopted the .45 ACP round and Model 1911A1!
I carried the 92F for a few years, not my choice of course. I could out score it any given day with my Sig Model 226, 9mm.

Yep, the firing rate was fast however; the receivers did have a problem with stretching over time.......
Not to mention the need to change barrels every minute when continuously firing. We had an older M-60 (the Serial # placed it's manufacture as late 1970, so it most likely had seen its fair share of use, quite possibly in 'Nam, by the time it was due to be replaced with a SAW) that we linked belts together and put just under 1,200 rounds through it in two minutes! The barrel was white hot and beginning to glow dark red where it locked into the receiver, and the droop had gotten to the point that my gunner had almost an inch of elevation on the gun to keep the rounds still hitting the side of the old M-59 APC used as a target at 900 meters down range! Needless to say, of course that barrel was now useless and it was too hot to grab with the glove to change the barrel, we let it sit for a couple of minutes and then slowly poured several canteens of water on it to get it cool enough to remove.

Nope didn't run it over haha. The battery and mount were just flopping around still in the engine bay thankfully. Before winter arrives figure the batteries will get relocated along the frame.

Also did some test measuring with those mid 2000's GM front bucket seats I was planning to put in the crew cab, thinking of putting them in the k5 instead and going with nicer seats in the wrecker. The factory k5 seats use a 14x17" base for the mounts, and the newer seats are 17x17". Looks like a little bit of plate steel and should be good to go.

Back