• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Off to Cryogenic processing she goes..

I have been thinking, the cranks are already hardened aren't they? Are you having that done also? Are you having the cam and rod bearings done as well? If so won't that make the cam bearings brittle? I am picturing them breaking when installing.

All the metal in your engine is hardened.
This realigns the crystalline structure. That makes it harder yet less brittle. Improves wear. Transfers heat more evenly.

Depending what the metal makeup is, different temps and times can do better. The last stuff I was involved with had 2 pallets go. 90% was done together, but the axle gears, transfer case gears, hub gears all got done separately.

So since good used 6.5 blocks are getting harder to find and the Chinese new blocks are out there, wouldn't it be better to get a Chinese block and machine it how you need it and then have it hardened?

As it stands now the cost i was quoted may not stand, i know the several times we spoke the type of motor was discussed, but now they claim a much higher cost for "diesel" motors. Mine will still ship out Monday, i will let them decide if it's more, i told them it was not much more than a BB motor and the word diesel shouldn't matter if they go by weight. We will see.

As it stands now the cost i was quoted may not stand, i know the several times we spoke the type of motor was discussed, but now they claim a much higher cost for "diesel" motors. Mine will still ship out Monday, i will let them decide if it's more, i told them it was not much more than a BB motor and the word diesel shouldn't matter if they go by weight. We will see.

Who are you using?

Back