• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

OEM radio repair

HighSierra86

Reaction score
Does anyone know of a reputable company for fixing OEM radios? I bought a "new" factory nav unit for my 06' and after a couple months the CD drive no longer works. It just reads "disc error" or something like that and makes noises like it is trying to load. I'd like to get it fixed after spending that much money on the f'ing thing. Thanks for any advice!

Nick

Like a whole bunch of others Nick (me included), I believe you're out of luck. My CD player not only quit and says "no disc" but it's full of my most favorite CDs. I hope somebody has heard of a repair service too.

Radio repair is becoming something of a rarity, Considering you can buy a new radio - cd player cheap. It's all about made in China. It also may be cheaper to buy a new unit vs repair the old one. Take for instance my watch. The battery died so I took it in to get a new battery. They wanted 30 dollars for that. I just said keep the watch since I can buy a brand new identical watch for 20. They then offered to lower the price to 15 so I paid that since my watch had no obvious other issues.

I know there was a service on e-bay that you "bought" for 40 bucks or so, paid freight one way IIRC, they fixed it up, new buttons, etc. Unfortunately, I think these folks played more with the display lighting than anything, but maybe for more they would try to fix it? maybe there is another outfit out there that will work on them. so, try ebay and see what you can find!

Back