• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

OBD1 Computer and Associated Sensors and Harnesses

88 Ford

Reaction score
I am looking for a complete OBD1 computer and the sensors and harnesses to adapt to my Ford IDI. I will also buy individual parts as well. I also plan to fix the PMD transistor issues after I get everything adapted so this will help contribute to the cause. Lol. FYI I know the Ds4 spins the opposite direction but I have a plan for that as well. Anyway let me know if you have what I need. Thanks in advance.

Additionally, if you see it at a junk yard, let me know how much and we can work out something to compensate for picking it up.

The obd1 uses a db2 all mechanical pump. Obd2 to use the DS4 / pmd system.
If you "fix the pmd issue" you will make A few hundred thousand dollars off It. Good luck, and hope you succeed.

Also I'm hoping the PMD fix can be corrected using surface mount components. It'll be interesting once I have everything I need.

The obd1 uses a db2 all mechanical pump. Obd2 to use the DS4 / pmd system.
If you "fix the pmd issue" you will make A few hundred thousand dollars off It. Good luck, and hope you succeed.
94-95 are OBD1, and use a DS4 pump. DS4 pumps did not start with OBD2, but instead when the new emission regs kicked in for the 94 model year(the same year DODGE went to the CUMMINS with a P7100 injection pump, and FORD went to the powerstroke). DB2 trucks were barely considered OBD1 even since the manual trans trucks had no controller, and the autos only had a controller for the trans.

Last edited:
94-95 are OBD1, and use a DS4 pump. DS4 pumps did not start with OBD2, but instead when the new emission regs kicked in for the 94 model year(the same year DODGE went to the CUMMINS with a P7100 injection pump, and FORD went to the powerstroke). DB2 trucks were barely considered OBD1 even since the manual trans trucks had no controller, and the autos only had a controller for the trans.
Thank you for the clarification.

Maybe I'll just have to see if I can get the part numbers for the harnesses and sensors and buy them that way. Would that be hard to get the past numbers for that stuff?

Back