• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

np241 rebuild. any one ever rebuild one?

Not bad at all really. No where near as bad as the 242 that came in JEEPS. It's a pretty straight forward teardown. Start at the rear and remove all of the sections, split the case and most of it comes out that way. Then the 4 bolts that hold the front seal retainer in and a snap ring behind that and another snap ring inside and she's apart. The trouble comes in if there is damage to the planetary outer gear in the front case half as there is no way to replace it, just the front case half.

are all of the 241's 32 spline inputs. i have one in storage that was behind a nv3500 and im unsure if it will work with my nv4500. i guess i just need to go dig the dang thing out and count the splines

Anyone know where to get torque specs? I have to change out 2 seals in mine and this is the first TC I have ever touched...

Back