• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Now this is weird...

North Maine

Merchant Mariner
Reaction score
Ok so I got around to installing my "F" computer today... went along just fine, a 5 minute job. I was expecting to have to do the anti-theft learn thing, so i had the Turbine Doc post printed out and waiting... I turn the key there is no "wait to start", so i crank and she idles along happily, no problems, no stall, no nothing... so I go for a ride, and I feel no difference between the S I was just driving and the "F" i now have... then i'm looking at the dash, and the WTS is on, I let off the throttle and it goes away... back on the pedal and WTS is on again... WTF!?!?!?!?! It WILL NOT WTS when starting, not one bit... but it will come on if the engine is warm and I hit the pedal... is it possible to connect these things backwards? bad connection? I'm lost, cuz the truck drives fine...

so how weird is that s***?

junk yard stock... I didnt think a PCM would go bad like that... so I think I'm just going to end up sending it Heath and have his HP4/GL4 program put on it

Not wierd at all - for testing purposes, there is no WAIT TO START on the first key-on after installing a nuther PCM - yer s'posed to key-off, then restart for proper WTS\GP operation - then go for an easy drive so PCM can relearn driveability parameters, particularly with 4L80E.

But you see, it never did that. the WTS never came on unless the engine was hot and i hit the throttle... you dont think that is weird? I've been running the truck for 2 days like this (today i swapped back to "S") and it has never cylced the GPs unless the engine is above 180 and I'm underway. I reinstalled the "S" and it hit the GPs on the first key turn...

according to the description of the vehicle it was pulled from it's from a 1998 2500 GMC Sierra 6.5L TD 4x4 Auto Trans

How do the connector pins look on the "S" PCM, and the "F" PCM - clean and pristine, no corrosion\oxdation?

The connector pins seem to be in decent shape. The overall condition of the "S" is better, shiny metal still, ect. It has a sticker that says it is a refurbished PCM from Delphi, while the F is not as clean the pins appear to be fine.

Back