• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Not your average Dually project....

When aired down or driving low there isn't much room for turning. If i air it up to 2/3 of the way up I have about 70% of the original turning and if I air it all the way up, I'll have full range of steering.

Suicide door kit is here and you haven't even showed me?

Quick update, I'll let Brandon fill in the details: A.I.R.-less exhaust manifolds installed, 4L80-E bolted to engine and the pair are slid into place.

Devin, Doug, an I have been busy on the bus... for an update, the front wheel tubs are in (waiting for sheet metal order to finish the enclosure), engine and transmission are now back in place with modified mounts, about half done on the trimming of the rear pass compartment for the wheel tubs, and was able to test fit the drive line from the parts vehicle and it fits. Less than a month to go... trying to reveal it on the July 29 at the Lowdown car show.

Well the moment you've all been waiting for... We set it on the ground for the first time yesterday. I cut the step off, cleaned under/around the bus, and got the floor jack out. After it was on the ground... I couldn't stop smiling for a couple of hours.

We put it back up on jack stands to modify the trans mount (due to the pan laying on the ground). Doug finished tacking the driver's side wheel well in place and we called it a day.

Attachments

• DSCN2469.jpg
    DSCN2469.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 10
  • DSCN2476.jpg
    DSCN2476.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 9
  • DSCN2472.jpg
    DSCN2472.jpg
    89 KB · Views: 10
  • DSCN2479.jpg
    DSCN2479.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 8
:rof::rof::rof:

That's:hihi:

pretty:hihi:

f**kin':hihi:

cool!:hihi::thumbsup:

:rof::rof::rof:

Seeing it all come together now, that's a pretty wild ride you're going to be behind the wheel of. I like it the more I see your pictures. I looked back in this thread and didn't see it, so I'll ask here. What are your plans for paint for this rig? Keeping the 'School Bus Yellow' or going with something as wild as the look of it?

White and Black, kind of a prison bus look. Everything yellow will be white and everything black will stay black. Here is a rendering that a buddy did a while back, it will be similar except it won't have the 10 lug 22's and the interior will be a bit different.

Attachments

• Bus copy 2.jpg
    Bus copy 2.jpg
    86.4 KB · Views: 9
Well we have been busy! Devin is almost done with the modifications to the under hood and under dash wiring harness. The frame for the floor is almost done... Still need to do the rear wheel tubs, the driver door has been trimmed but has not been tubbed yet, the rest of the stereo equipment and interior has been ordered, and the steering is getting closer to working again.

Still need to sheet metal the floor, tub the door, section the pass door, finish the wiring, install the gas tank, and put the dash and column back in place for it to be drivable..... 11 days to go before the show!

Attachments

• DSCN2514.jpg
    DSCN2514.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 6
  • DSCN2520.jpg
    DSCN2520.jpg
    27.5 KB · Views: 6
  • DSCN2517.jpg
    DSCN2517.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 7
Pretty (s)chool !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I havnt seen this thread til now. Kids will fighten to ride on that to school.

I have come to a conclusion... I have 4 days to get as much done on the bus before the Lowdown car show. I am going to focus on getting as much fabrication done and not worry about getting it running. I am going to tow it there anyway. There's just no time to do everything, and its a "under construction" project anyways.

So the new goal is suicide the driver door, finish the pass side wheel tub, plumb/wire for the compressors/tank/valves (to make it go up and down), and maybe some of the floor sheet metal.

swweeet project first time iv seen what it actually takes to make something that low. very cool

Yeah, it's A LOT of work to be able to get a vehicle that low... and safely.

Got some more progress over the last few days. Figured out the driveline tunnel, finished the driver door (all metal, no filler), and Doug started on the suicide hinges.

Attachments

• DSCN2558.jpg
    DSCN2558.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 5
  • DSCN2554.jpg
    DSCN2554.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 5
  • DSCN2551.jpg
    DSCN2551.jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 5
Talk about "RIDING THE SHORT BUS".......never saw anything "tubbed" in the front, Very Cool!:hihi:

You guys are Bad Ass getting all that done in 1 month......No chance of puttin a 454 in there, so you can Burn those dually's?:sifone:

:thumbsup: Great Job!

Well the big rush is over. The Lowdown car show is now in the books. It was a blast and the bus was a hit.

Here are a few pictures from the weekend. It was fun getting the bus on the truck. The side rails had to come off and it took up the full width of the deck. Now its time to get it running and enjoy it!

Attachments

• 100_3521.jpg
    100_3521.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 3
  • 100_3523.jpg
    100_3523.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 3
  • 100_3522.jpg
    100_3522.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 4
Back