• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Not starting

Rodd

Recruit
Reaction score
Okay now that I have replaced my fuel sending unit, lift pump, fuel filter, and fuel injectors she won't start. I cracked the #1 injector and no fuel. I know I have fuel to the filter because I didn't tighten it all the way and got a major fuel leak on my driveway. Luckily I had some cardboard down that caught most of it. :conehead: I am just hoping that the crude that was in the tank before I cleaned it didn't do any damage to the IP. The batteries were kind of low since it has been sitting for about 3 weeks. I will get those charged tomorrow and hopefully have some luck. I also unplugged the os sensor in hopes of getting her to start but the batteries were already too dead. Any thoughts?

Thanks!

Air in the fuel line. You have to crank it longer and bleed it good. That leak at the filter causes vacuum after the filter. Battery needs to be strong to do that.

Thanks! I dropped the batteries off at Autozone last night and will pick them up today. Hopefully that is the ticket.

Good News! After cranking and waiting, cranking and waiting........she started. Just needed some freshly charged batteries.

Just as a FYI there is a screen on the IP inlet would take LOTs of very fine crud to wipe the IP, remember the filter mgr is 5 micron nominal, the screen of tank sock is 70 micron the crud has to get to both of those to wipe the IP which is why when dealers refuse to warranty a IP for crud in tank the BS alarm goes off for me. Now fuel starvation for a LONG time could cause some wear issues, since fuel lubes the IP, but running additive helps that also later IPs have ceramic hardened parts which do better with low lubricity/starved fuel issues.

If Rodd is anything like me, he can spell just fine... but stubby fingers that turn wrenches don't fit well with keyboards...

In my case, it ain't my spelling that needs work... it's my proofreading.

Other than that, you can safely assume that Hukd on fonix wurked for me, two. :)

Hay, I'm a pour wite gy hoo went to a inter sity skool. I plade sports in skool and my teechers pased me becuz I waz gude at sports.

QUOTE=bison;37450]kin daor gin klote ven verstaone. :grouphug:[/QUOTE]

:wtf:[ Can sumbuddy tel me wat dat sez? Im loost in tronzlashun!

Back