• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

NORTHEAST DIESEL GET TOGETHER 2008

A MINI GET TOGETHER in 2008

COLUMBUS DAY WEEKEND , SUNDAY OCTOBER 12 , 2008

Meet at 10:30 am at the parking lot of Housatonic meadows State Park , US 7 , Sharon , CT
(across concrete bridge and bare right about 2 1/2 miles North from Terry's house)
Depart for folliage cruise at 11 am.

Cruise will end at the WARREN VOLUNTEER FIREMAN FALL FESTIVAL , at
WARREN WOODS.
(site of last year's Saturday get together activities)

Food, Crafts,Vendors and TRACTOR PULLS

OPEN EVENT - YOU DO NOT NEED TO BELONG TO ANY CLUBS or WEBSITE
More info will be posted on event website by Sunday Night

Terry at 860-672-2345
[email protected]
www.dieselgettogether.com

Hey terry i reg on it.. i am definitely down... I am actually going to Lebanon valley next friday.. towing my buddy's mustang for a drag day.. but the cruise sounds really nice... i def like the idea... i am down with whatever route we go.. i just put in an idea.. my buddy who the mustang does cruises also and was always up route 8 but the towns u mentioned on the gtg reg website are awesome... hopefully we get a decent head count.... i will prolly fill up in naugy since diesel is 20 cents more here in Torrington

Man...I'd love to make this cruise, but I've got a bunch of kids parties I have to go to. It's too bad for me because it sounds like fun.

I ran the foliage run loop this morning. Lots of GREAT views !
NW Litchfield Hills is as they say "gods country" , one of the reason's for hosting the get together is to proudly show the area off.
The loop is just under 60 miles - river valleys, mountain top overlooks, long hills with views to 3 states, flat rolling farmland.

We will give everyone route directions, (in case you get separated from the group) and I'll have coffee at the parking lot.

If you need directions CALL ME. (to Warren Woods or The cruise meeting spot) I have not gotten the directions links to work on the website (but will try again late tonight)
Cell phones / GPS will be spotty in MOST locations .

Terry
860-672-2345
[email protected]
www.dieselgettogether.com

dieselgettogether "dot" com
bearcreekremodelers "dot' com
NORTHEAST DIESEL GETTOGETHER 2008
late summer 08 , Northwest Connecticut

The northeast diesel get together is the largest group of Duramax and GM diesel enthusiasts to congregate in the northeast, and one of the longest running GM diesel events in the country.

Meeting spot is on RT 7, Sharon CT. 2 miles north of my house.
Where CT 4 and US 7 (Big christmas tree, post office, liquor store) meet go across concrete bridge over Housatonic , bare right , go about 1/2 mile, parking lot on right.
Housatonic Meadows State Park. (its NOT the camping area)

Mass guys coming down from Mass Pike, you DO NOT go across concrete bridge, you will get to parking lot just north before it. If you come to stop sign with Citgo gas station turn around.

I just fixed direction links on website, gives directions to Warren Woods.

Trying to get truck buffed, polished and waxed today. It has never seen wax. 2 panels done.......

The northeast diesel get together is the largest group of Duramax and GM diesel enthusiasts to congregate in the northeast, and one of the longest running GM diesel events in the country.

well i missed you guys by 20 mins.. eh well maybe next yr for the cruise if there is one.. i was a lil confused on where to meet?? the st park or where the liquor store,xmas tree area??? that is a plaza correct??? it was my fault for being so late... i took a longer route.. oh well.. i'll def see ya guys in 2 weeks though in N. haven

Thanks to everyone who joined in the Mini get together. The weather , scenery and of course the trucks were GREAT.

Terry

Sorry you missed us, we waited to almost Noon for the late shows.
I thought the directions were pretty clear, sorry they were not.

Terry

Terry, thanks for hosting this event. Cruise was great and relaxing the scenery was also beautiful except for the times there was smoke in the air. ;)

Yeah there were a few clouds towards the end of the pack. All I know is that the smoke was somewhere behind me :confused5:

How did the pictures come out Terry? I've got a couple good ones at home on my laptop I can post up when I get home from work. Right now that recliner is looking a little "unsafe". I may have to go check it out and make sure it won't be dangerous for anybody else who may sit in it!! :smilewinkgrin:

sounds like fun, i wish i could have gone, but we went to the local farm for some hayride fun, and pumkin picking. how many showed up?

Back