• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

NORTHEAST DIESEL GET TOGETHER 2008

ctgmcduramax

Northeast Diesel GTG
Reaction score
The weekend has been picked for this years event Sept 19,20,21.

And I made sure it doesn't conflict with Englishtown or New england dragway.

Details soon .

Terry

Sorry for this "bulk" type e mail , but trying to let people know what is going on. hopefully I'll be back to "normal" in a few weeks.

I had not been feeling well since a "weird" cold caught all of us here back in late February. Doctor visits turned up nothing and I attributed my lack of interest in work , the gettogether , etc as just depression and stress.

Unfortunately things turned for the worst this past week. I had hoped to make the car show as I promised last Sunday , however I was instead lying on a stretcher in New Milford hospital with severe angina / chest pains.

Despite my telling them what was most likely wrong, nothing showed on my vitals - bp, heart rate, blood labs , ekg all showed normal.

That all changed about 9 pm Monday night when I did have a heart attack. (About a half hour after the cardiologist said I most likely had a twisted neck and pinched nerves ! )About 10 pm I was in the cath lab , the emergency cath team called in and the artery that was causing the lack of blood flow was opened and 3 stents implanted .

I spent the next couple of days in ICU, and got home Thursday.
I will be going back in the hospital on the 2nd of July for more repairs - another blockage (actually 2 ) and hopefully a leaky valve will eventually heal itself. (and my chlosterol was 150 without meds , so go figure !! )

My pop is coming home from the nursing home on the 1st. I've not been able to get all the handicap stuff finished - right now he cannot walk - although I am trying to handle as much as possible, and spent Sat in Torrington lining up hospital bed, wheel chair etc.

I'll be able to start driving again Monday, and am able to do some work with restrictions
although I run out of breath easily.

As far as the gtg, I will have to see how things fall into place with my father and as well
my health.

We will do something in Sept.

Hopefully be able to pull things back together for
our regular venue in 2009

Thanks, Terry

gees terry, my prayers go out to you and your family. sounds like its been hell for ya. good luck and get well soon.

ctg - Best wishes for a speedy and complete recovery for both of you, our prayers and thoughts to both you and your Dad.

Dan

Hi guys,
I've been pretty absent from all the diesel forums because of dealing with my fathers health issues , getting the house handicap ready and my heart attack six weeks ago.

The Northeast Diesel Get together will not be a big event like last year.
but, we will do something.

I've thought of three different venues :
Afternoon cookout at my home, on Saturday.

Meet to watch racing and have our own parking area at lime rock racetrack in falls village.

Move the event to October and do a foliage cruise.

Will be making it up to Lebanon Valley for the diesel racing Aug 9. Been running into a lot of the Vista / Ridgefield Dmax guys on my drives down to jobsite -Howdy buddys.

dieselgettogether "dot" com
bearcreekremodelers "dot' com
NORTHEAST DIESEL GETTOGETHER 2008
late summer 08 , Northwest Connecticut

The northeast diesel get together is the largest group of Duramax and GM diesel enthusiasts to congregate in the northeast, and one of the longest running GM diesel events in the country.

not to take this to off topic, but it would be cool to do a charity ride like the bikers do so often. any ideas?

Terry, I didnt here about your heart attack or your father :sad: How is everything going?

I never been to one of your GTG's yet and was seriouly trying for it this year, But my girl friend has surgery on the 17th and Id be castrated if I left :nonod:

Hey Terry, I'm in for a for fun cruise or a charity cruise. I think it would be freakin awesome to get a convoy of diesels together for a charity. Even just a simple little tailgating or potluck would be awesome as well.

I'm in and can make sure I don't screw up my schedule this time with other stuff!

Terry i feel for ya my wife is going thru some stuff right now, you know the story good luck and god bless....Dave

Hey Terry,

Good Luck on your recovery and your Dad's.

I am close by in New Preston, if you need something call my cell

860-488-3631

Tony

Hey Terry,

Good Luck on your recovery and your Dad's.

I am close by in New Preston, if you need something call my cell

860-488-3631

Tony

:iamwithstupid: Ditto for me Terry - Hope your luck starts to turn real soon. Let me know if there's anything I can do for you. You know where to find me. jerryd

That all changed about 9 pm Monday night when I did have a heart attack.

Hopefully be able to pull things back together for our regular venue in 2009

Thanks, Terry

Terry ....

haven't heard from you in several years and am very sorry to hear of both your Dad and your personal health problems .... we really enjoyed getting together with you guys about 5 years ago and still talk of it from time to time .... we are now semi retired and hopefully can get back up your way in '09

Jim

im diggin the racin and tail gating. ill supply the grill. hehe. got pics up on the "other" site. none here yet. hope both of ya'll are doing good. not good to hear of such news. the afternoon cookout sounds good too, as long as it aint the 13th or 27th of Sept. 13th is a drunken b-day party, and the 27th is the fall final weekend at stafford. keep us posted on any updates with you, your dad, or the GTG.

Ken

Hi Everyone !
I'm still not used to this new website, so I just saw most of these posts today, October 4th. I'll PM most of you, but a Thank you to you all right now.

I'm glad the foliage cruise is well accepted. The NEDGT weekend has always tried to include the guys, their girlfriends, boyfriends, wives , significant others - and kids. Every year the mix is different, and some years we hit the goals better than others.

A charity cruise - hmmm, well the "charity" thought was brought up last year by the organizing group. Their thought was that any profits get donated to some charity.

My reply was that the GTG had never broke even, and any money(profit) was needed to cover past costs and future events. I also was against it going to any big organizations (cancer,diabetes,heart,aids etc - and I've been personally touched by all those diseases mentioned ) because most have become corporate entities that spend to much on promoting their agenda, salaries etc.

OK, but I do think its a good idea , and on the "sellfish" part I think it would serve as great promotion for the Northeast Diesel get together and Ct Smoke. So yes, there would be a background agenda of FREE PROMOTION.
My charity picks would be a local food bank ,local heating oil assistance or local habitat for humanity. (local as in state of ct)
Its too late for this year, but it can be talked about at the foliage cruise and the CT Smoke gettogether in North Haven. Think about it and how it could be worked into the NEDGT.

Again, Thanks to everyone for you kind thoughts.

Chevy Bow tie - Sorry to disapoint ( hmmm, my spelling) but route 8 is not on the cruise, although there are some really beautiful spots on there. For the "diner" we will be at the Warren Woods fall festival. The firemen have great food , and there will be plenty of spots for everyone to mingle -

website registration is up

Back