• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

No start 95 S

Not yet.

In OK until March 7 for training.

Have a ECM that should be setting at the house now. Didn't order in time to get before I left.
Hopefully that will clear everything up.

You're right i almost wish it wasnt.The class isn't bad. I come home for 2 weeks then go back for 3 more.

The catch is it is cutting into my hay equip repair time. In addition to the truck, I've got to do some structural repairs on the discbine. Not major but everything is big and heavy. Then the baler isn't tying automatically or with manual pull. Need to jump off, run around and pry up the hydrogen trigger for the system. All of this before end of may.

Bailing hay. Now there's some fond (but hot, sweaty and pre-dawn to well after dark) memories from when I was a youth of 15 years. Both tossing bales on the ground onto a passing trailer and pulling them from the chute of the bailer and onto the trailer to be stacked as we drove down the raked rows.

Squares. 1st cutting (early June) alfalfa off the ground the bales weighed about 90lbs each. Grab it with the bailing hook, tip it up on end. Reach down with the hook, pull the bale back and up onto your knee/thigh, then a knee lift up and throw forward onto the chest high platform of the hay trailer as it came by at a slow walking pace so the guy stacking on your side could hook that bail, turn, and then toss it onto the stack going ten high. Then jog ahead of the other guy on the ground on your side about 30' further down and grab the next bail and wait for the trailer to get to you to toss that one on. Two ground guys and a stacker on the other side of the trailer doing the same thing, fill the back trailer up, move forward to the front one. Two tractors, each towing two trailers. Trailers full, back to the barn, fire up the bale elevator to lift the bales to the hay loft door. Two guys off-loading bales onto the elevator (no more than three on it at a time, one going on on the bottom as one is pulled off at the top with one halfway up in the middle. More than three would stall out the 3hp B&S gas engine that ran the elevator bale lift chain. The rest of us "bucket brigading" the bails as they came off the elevator back to the rear of the hayloft where two guys would stack the bales 13 high in the basketball court sized hayloft. As soon as one tractor w/two trailers was unloaded, back out to the field it went with it's crew.

Started just before 6am, break 11-12 for dinner and 5-6 for supper (man, Mrs. Hunt could cook!) and finished unloading and stacking the last trailer at 9pm. 40 acres done.

Cuttings 2-5 that year were done straight out of the chute. The alfalfa was cut and raked, the tractor had the bailer hitched behind that with two flatbed hay trailers hitched behind the bailer. Hook the bail as it came out of the chute, toss/slide it to the guy on the back end of the trailer who would then toss it across the gap onto the back trailer where the stacker would grab it and stack it. When the back trailer was almost full, the stacker would move forward to the front trailer and finish off the last of the back trailer then start stacking the front trailer. As it filled up, either the grabber or the tosser would then ride on the tractor's drawbar so there would be enough room for two to work on less than half an empty trailer. The tractors drove at about a slow jogging pace, and two tractors, each with a bailer and two trailers, we were able to do the 40 acres in under 12 hours with a total crew of 8 people, as opposed to off the ground taking a total crew of 12 people.

Been 30 years since I've caught any squares. Can deal with a slow pickup load but my back won't handle a bunch of wagon loads at baling speed.

I HATE AUTO-CORRECT/AUTO-SUGGEST on the phone. Just reread my last post and it should have been hydraulic trigger not hydrogen.

Been 30 years since I've caught any squares. Can deal with a slow pickup load but my back won't handle a bunch of wagon loads at baling speed.

I HATE AUTO-CORRECT/AUTO-SUGGEST on the phone. Just reread my last post and it should have been hydraulic trigger not hydrogen.
Well, it's been 41 years since I last hooked and tossed square bales as a 15 year old kid, and 33 years since I last picked up and moved large round bales with the fork on the tractor.

Didn't have time when I got home to swap the functional fuel shut off solenoid for the one with the piston removed, but I plugged the replacement computer in and the solenoid worked. Think I got the problem fixed.

Got it buttoned back up and it fired right off.

Junk yard gave me another errror. With the EGR crap I'm stuck with EGR codes until I can get a reprogrammed chip. They apparently sent me a computer from a Turbo truck not the "S" truck they were supposed to so now I've got a Low Boost code as well.

I may swap the old chip in and see if the engine will work and the boost code will go away.

I just swapped the ecm and chip the junk yard sent. It was supposed to be out of a 95 "S" with auto thus a direct no problem swap.

I'm going to guess the boost code is going to cause some problems.

The ECM's are generic. The PROM is not and tells the generic ECM what you got. So put the "old" chip that came with the vehicle in the junkyard ECM.

Reman and new ECM's don't come with a PROM for this reason.

Inspection had expired while the truck was down.
Didn't feel like pulling the ECM and changing chips so I left the house with the one for a turbo truck.
Trans wouldn't shift added a Trans code to the list (EGR, Low Boost)
Limped back to house and swapped the chip for the original one.
Non-EGR codes went away and truck drove fine the 8 miles to the garage.

I'm not going to trust it for a long trip until I drive it more locally, but I think it is fixed.

Back