• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

no rear lights, I'm pulling out my hair

They don't, that is the worst part, they used to, now everything is contracted out, supposedly saves the government money, but makes some poytickian mad money. We don't really fix our own stuff anymore, but there are plenty of civilian contractors out there making 6 digits a year doing the same job they spent money training me how to do, while paying me a fraction of that. on to other things, I am pulling the entire rear wiring harness, and re-wiring the whole thing. I'm going to cut it all out, rear light wise, and start over. I have the wire for it. At least this way I can find the short for sure. power is getting in where it shouldn't, and not getting to where it should. as I understand from the schematics that I do have, all wiring goes through the fuse box in the engine bay before going to the rear of the truck, or at least the turn signals do anyway. Gentlemen, I have the zip-ties, I can rebuild her, stronger, better, faster. *montage*

just finished re-wiring the rear of the truck, looks good, removed junctions and connectors. I'm doing the trailer connection last. so far, still no change in rear lights.

there is no power going to any of the rearward wires when the truck is off, except blue and blue yellow wires, that show millivolts.

ok, so my org blue is one side marker, green orange is the other. brown is for running, black is ground "which I moved" black and pink are the reverse lights, so total I have 5 wires that should be for the rear lights. red light green is for high stop, but it isn't present int he loom. I think my backup neutral safety switch is out, will that effect this?

fixed it

not sure what all needed to be done, but I just kept replacing junctions, and connectors until it worked. The bad, now my volt meter doesn't work. everything works, it's amazing. still have no clue what it was exactly, but it works now, and that is all that matters.

Back