• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

No Fuel (95 Silverado 6,5)

valyidol

Reaction score
Yesterday I went to do the TDCO. Suddenly the truck began to lose power and died. It looks like a faulty PMD. But the new PMD did not help. I checked how the shut-up solenoid works. It works. Fuel does not flow to the injectors. Sometimes, if I turn the starter for a long time, the diesel starts and then stops again. I think I need to check the connector maybe to have a bad contact. What other reasons can there be?

Bad lift pump should have let fuel get sucked through by the injection pump. Do You have a non fail on flow lift pump?

Get a fuel gauge on there that reads just before the injection pump. A cheap addition that is instant diagnosis of problems, and gives a warning when the lift pump is going bad. That is when the fuel pressure gauge pays for itself. Bad lift pump makes the injection pump suck fuel by itself- and this causes the injection pump to wear out much much sooner than it should.

If your lift pump is a flow on fail, and the injection pump can no longer suck fuel through the lift pump from the tank- save up money now- you are about to buy a new injection pump. It will have worn the head so bad it may not be rebuildable.

Back