• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

No A/C

fbh31118

Cadet
Reaction score
Well my turn has come to diagnoise my A/C. The compressor is not even turning now so if it's similar to my 95 it must be either low on freon or a failed presser switch or something that I can't afford.

1 Is the low pressure switch the one right behind the compressor?

2 The compressor turned as soon as last week so I'm pretty sure it's ok so would it be safe to jump out the low pressure switch and add the correct amount of fluid if its low?

3 Is there a shreader valve behind the pressure switch?

4 Are there any off the shelf freon bombs that you would recommend as good or bad, with the gage for instance, with or without stop leak?

Thanks for any help.

The Pressure switch connects to its own schraeder valve. It is very close, and to the left of the comporssor as you look @ it. Yoo will have to jump the connection to test the switch. I would go to NAPA and get the AC Pressure switch kit. it was only ~$60 or so...fast way to check pressure without cycling the compressor. It will tell you on the spot if it is the switch or lack of R134.

I had a break in my line...it cost ~$150 for the line and nearly ~$300 to evacuate and charge the system...But that beats going to GM or a Shop for the whole thing.

Ok this is much simpler than I thought. This all boiles down to the little slash through the snow flake. I have that digital climate stuff, so I just messed up and assumed if the flake was there it was working....not! I need to review the manual on this part I guess.

how about this.....remove the battery cables to your batteries for a few minutes and reconnect them, AC should work, been there and done it.....

Back