• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Newest hmmwv- NXT 360

I doubt it. AM General does exclusively contracts with most it’s suppliers.

If anyone can chase it down, wouldn’t hurt to see what they did. But think of how many things AM General did wrong that took updates to correct. How many turbos were done poorly by GM.

There are about half dozen good turbo options for the 6.5 without throwing stupid money at it depending what the use is. ATT, hx35/40 hybrid, and hx40wii are top of the list imo for almost any 6.5 - definitely a hummer.

Having a person that can build 2 custom headers go to a turbo, then exhaust down isn’t an overwhelming problem to solve. Doing it as a kit that all hummer owners could just bolt on is, which is why Leroy, @Burning oil, is fighting to make it marketable priced and have no failures from release.
How is the magic wand waving going btw Leroy? Hope you are having luck.

Otherwise Dullahan, you might just do what I am hoping to this year and just one-off it. What part of the country are you in? If you can’t uild yours, maybe you live near one of the skilled hands here.

If it comes down to a manifold/header/exhaust change, I probably wont' have the budget for it for quite a while yet. That's why I'm hoping (although not holding my breath) that they're using a new center mount turbo that's a near bolt-in swap for the gm6/7. And if that were the case, it should have an AMG part #, and I'd think we could order it through one of the usual AMG vendors. Kinda dreaming I know, but at the same time doesn't seem too outta line.

Here was a different video about the lighter weight version one.
This all popped into mind when Eric found the video on YouTube and I had to call Linden at GEP and ask about it.
Still no production, still no estimate of production so just not enough customers is what it looks like. So that means none of the goodies like the ip, turbo, trans availability for us either of course.😔

Just as sad when I asked if anything new on the p400 he said “Yeah, I gotta take that off the website.” A few people ask about it but it just isn’t happening.” 😔😔. So one of y’all needs to just get a cnc and start cutting girdles...
I wish he could share details about the turbo and ip.

Back