• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

New

Rob2332

Reaction score
Hello, new here but I have a Frankenstein project I need help with! I have a1992 NV4500 4wd I want to convert to 2wd. Do I need to change the output shaft? Also looking to swap good parts have 4wd parts looking for 2wd!452F7BBC-3D03-4F45-B705-D7F321A9F11A.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Cool combo. We see the wheels are just set next to it, how well will those tuck? I really wonder what mpg is before and after a body swap like that. Newer body is more aerodynamic, but how much does that REALLY help if Elon Musk’s crew isn’t designing the airflow? Totally worth going from 17mpg to 12mpg. But more than that would make me think twice if it were a daily driver.

sorry no help on going to 2wd info.

Why can’t Chevy reuse that body style for new trucks?!? I think those are the best looking era ever of any truck.

I keep waiting to see if @THEFERMANATOR ever gets his together as a 4 door. (I think you mentioned that?)

A friend over here took a 195?-3 I think Ford and made it into a CC, planted a Cummins engine into it. A real work of art, very meticulous in whatever he does.
Clarence Brown in Facebook if You ever get over to there. Probably only about 100 million users with that name. 😹😹😹

Cool combo. We see the wheels are just set next to it, how well will those tuck? I really wonder what mpg is before and after a body swap like that. Newer body is more aerodynamic, but how much does that REALLY help if Elon Musk’s crew isn’t designing the airflow? Totally worth going from 17mpg to 12mpg. But more than that would make me think twice if it were a daily driver.

sorry no help on going to 2wd info.

Why can’t Chevy reuse that body style for new trucks?!? I think those are the best looking era ever of any truck.

I keep waiting to see if @THEFERMANATOR ever gets his together as a 4 door. (I think you mentioned that?)

Getting the wheels on was a challenge! 5x5 lug pattern but from a Jeep. Again, my Frankenstein creation. I had the cab on to fit test cab mountings points and welded up. Final fit still months away.

If I am reading this correctly, the vehicle has a transfer case in back of the tranny.

If this correct and space allows, might consider keeping the x-fer and simply disconnecting the front drive shaft. Reason is that this allows for an extra low range of gears which can come in handy on lose surfaces and if there is any trailer duty in the truck's future. Low range is very useful in backing a trailer.

Back