• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

New Truck...

North Maine

Merchant Mariner
Reaction score
Hey Guys,

I just bough a '10 GMC CCSB SLT two days ago... and I love it. I'm getting much better milage than I thought (20 going 55-60) and I like the power. I've heard that the stock air filters on these are actually pretty good, so not worth replacing, but I know the truck will run better and use less fuel without a DPF, so I guess I'm curious how EFI Live works...

I'd like to be able to put a 5 inch turbo-back system and program the truck with EFI live I'm just a total newbie on this one so any help is appreciated.

Thanks!

You're on the right track. EFILive is simply a software program that allows you to write tunes just like Bullydog, Edge, etc have done. Nice this is you can write them how you like it. Most vendors will include two tunes of your choice when you buy EFILive, so you don't have to worry about figuring out how to write a tune.

Go to their website : www.efilive.com and download the software. It will allow you to browse through it and see what it's all about.

Flashing and Reading a tune is simple. Plug everything up and a click of a button you can flash/read a tune.

Check out the EFILive section for tip and tutorials to get started. It will give you a good insight on how everything works.

Cool, Im getting a 08 CC/SB GMC SLT as well, I fly out to Denver tommorow to go it, hopefully, I know I'll like it, I just hope the mileage isnt to bad with it.

Cool, Im getting a 08 CC/SB GMC SLT as well, I fly out to Denver tommorow to go it, hopefully, I know I'll like it, I just hope the mileage isnt to bad with it.

Congrats to you to..

I'm working on the pics, I have a few I just need to get them on the computer, then onto here haha. My milage is AWESOME. I can't speak for your truck since I've heard it varies, but I'm getting 15 romping on it around town, 18/19 going 65-75, and 20/21 going 55... I'm VERY happy with this!

I got 13 mpg, in Colorad, Wyoming, and Nebraska. 14.2 mpg through Iowa, and Illiniois, going off how far this recent tank got me so far on the miles, I think I'll be in the 14.5 - 15 mpg neighborhood, the DIC and been dead on with hand calculations so far. Im happy with it. Its got some junky 35's on it that that are definetely hurting the mileage. I'm going to work on the air box and change the fuel filter, the status says 10% fuel filter life remaing. Its good to hear your getting good 20's with yours thats amazing.

I got 13 mpg, in Colorad, Wyoming, and Nebraska. 14.2 mpg through Iowa, and Illiniois, going off how far this recent tank got me so far on the miles, I think I'll be in the 14.5 - 15 mpg .
That's about what I get through that run (done it several times). Mileage falls off big time when you're running 80 for hours on end.):h Seems like those 35s should have thrown the DIC way out of whack.
Wondering why you wound up in Wyoming though. Why didn't you just head up through Julesburg at the Co-Ne state line?

Must be nice to have finally gotten rid of that "sackless v6 gasser that makes you miss the 6.5" :D:D Seriously, congratulations!

defiantly get pics up if you can lol, I love the look of the new GMC's... especially with a straight axle underneath them :eek::D:mad2:

That's about what I get through that run (done it several times). Mileage falls off big time when you're running 80 for hours on end.):h Seems like those 35s should have thrown the DIC way out of whack.
Wondering why you wound up in Wyoming though. Why didn't you just head up through Julesburg at the Co-Ne state line?

I flew into Denver, from there I jumped on a shuttle bus to Ft Collins. I think at that point it was closer to take I-25 to Cheyenne. Driving through Nebraska and Iowa is enough to make anyone want to kill themselves. The only gripe I've got about this truck other than the tires, is the radio doesnt get any reception I literally have to be with 20 miles of the station to get reception. All I had was a Mellencamp CD to get me through the 10 hours or whatever it was through those 2 states, it was torture.

DSCN1334.jpg

http://i249.photobucket.com/albums/gg213/alexmitchell18/DSCN1333.jpg[/IMG
[IMG]http://i249.photobucket.com/albums/gg213/alexmitchell18/DSCN1332.jpg
DSCN1331.jpg

Back