• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

New to the scene. Trying to maximize potential and efficiency

haha, you'll hurt no feelings here. and you'd be hard pressed to be more tech challenged than me!
on the pmd and it's spare- I say mount both right next to each other on the front bumper. get a dummy plug and fill with silicone, ltteing it dry before install. then when one fails, you just move the wire over and get going in seconds. then at home you remove the faulty one and sebnd back to Leroy since his are lifetime warranty.

yes 4" exhaust kit- you'll get to know Leroydiesel.com well... ATT and a tune to match- again Leroy.
Much more later....

#1- get a spot light back in the drivers door. Just because the hole is there and it’ll be cool to have even if you don’t hardly use it. 😁

I would seriously check the harmonic balancer and belt dampener before you run it to much. Any cracks or swollen rubber then it needs replacing NOW. Bad harmonic balancers have broke a bunch of 6.5 cranks. You could go Fluidamper but $$$$.

And like AK said keep it under 210*

These engines just need a little love every now and then. I love my 6.5

haha, you'll hurt no feelings here. and you'd be hard pressed to be more tech challenged than me!
on the pmd and it's spare- I say mount both right next to each other on the front bumper. get a dummy plug and fill with silicone, ltteing it dry before install. then when one fails, you just move the wire over and get going in seconds. then at home you remove the faulty one and sebnd back to Leroy since his are lifetime warranty.

yes 4" exhaust kit- you'll get to know Leroydiesel.com well... ATT and a tune to match- again Leroy.
Much more later....
Thanks Brother

Get gauges, gauges, and more gauges . . .

If the truck is '96+, consider taking a look at the monitor from Edge as it can read a whole bunch of inputs from the computer in real-time. With add-on sending units for boost psi and EGT's, it really helps with managing power while towing. Put another way, it will help you learn how much power to apply (and for how long) toward keeping coolant temperatures under control. Secondary benefit is the monitor system can help with troubleshooting while driving. Third order benefit is the dash gauges are not highly accurate where the computer is much more on target.

Also, consider software that can individually disable the injectors. I used AugoEngenuity which helped me identify which injector had gone bad.

Back