• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

"New" to me

79jasper

Reaction score
Welp, replacing the ole 94 F350.
While I've seen plenty ford and durdge one ton SRW, I think this is the first gm one I've seen.
7025d231abc43fb2498e1dadf916726d.jpg

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

LML.
Currently has a dpf back exhaust, I think. I know it's not stock. Lol
Tunes/deletes in the future. I see EFI does now offer tuning. (Some old info here needs updated lol)
252k, I ain't skert.
Couple dents and dings.
Need to figure out why cruise isn't working. Also a couple speakers aren't working.
Is 4x4 on the dash.
Vin says it's a SLE.

Nice find! Dents and dings are nothing as long as it still has good bones :)

Need to figure out why cruise isn't working.

Chances are good that the computer is complaining about something, so (if not already done) consider getting a good scanner that will read deeper than just the codes.

And with that scanner, take a look at Ferm's write-up on how to check the injector health. As usual, he does an outstanding job explaining the how and why.

While not mentioned, if the truck has an integrated controller, depending on the MY it might (or likely will not) handle trailers with EoH. I have yet to see where GM updated their code in trucks that were not EoH compliant to make them work with EoH. So, if you hook-up an EoH trailer and the truck only works the lights but not the brakes, only ways around this are to either install a set of 'fooler' magnets in the trailer or bypass the integrated controller with an aftermarket controller. There are pro's and con's to each path. IIRC, GM fixed this somewhere around MY15.

I did see his write up.
I'm going to see if forscan will connect. I have the usual android apps also. (Torque, car gauge pro, obdlink)
Oddly, they added a aftermarket controller. Which I plan to remove completely. Lol

Well it's not currently working. It pops up the "service trailer brake system" message.
That's no trailer connected. Don't plan on towing for a little bit, so I have time to mess with it.
Haven't even had a chance to go through all the fuses yet. I noticed the reverse lights aren't working either. I'll look at fuses and bulbs.

So random thoughts...
What are the legality issues with a used dealer selling a deleted truck, without any disclosures?

I ask because, if I have any troubles, I have no clue who's/what tune is on it.
Just not sure what my options are. Or if I should say forget it, and leave it alone.

I'd certainty like to know what the tune is if it was me... If there's no emissions inspection by you I guess wing it.

And that's the trouble, of course no tuner included. Lol
I mean I guess I could try to find the P.O.

Any car lot selling, it is supposed to be federal emissions standards, and if cali truck should still meet those specs even if in different state. $10,000 fine per issue regardless of where you live/ bought it.

That said, it is illegal to speed and I got home a tad quicker today than the phone app says I can. So if you have it there is the issue. imo have the correct parts at least inthe garage incase.

Good luck with finding p.o. if you do, a couple pizzas goes a long ways for most people. But most of the time if someone bothered to upgrade a truck, they are usually gear heads and are happy to share stories of parts details along with how high they jumped it the last 4th of July party!

Maybe I can get something out of the dealer. Maybe not. Worth a shot I guess.
I'm not worried about it or anything like that. Lol

This can go in many directions . . .

Yes, if somebody inspects the truck and notices the system missing, it will get flagged. What happens from that point is anybody's guess. As Will mentioned, the key word is 'if'.

Toward going back to the dealer . . . The truck was likely sold 'As-Is', so they are probably off the hook from a legal perspective unless they certified that the vehicle would pass State inspection or was otherwise road worthy. I have run into dealers whom were perfectly fine with selling me a vehicle with open recalls that would fail inspection. Only times I got things corrected was when I had the vehicle independently inspected as a condition of sale. When the dealers dug-in on the 'As-Is' aspect, I made them put the vehicle up on a lift if I was not able to get under it with a creeper and adjusted the price downward for any perceived risk or hint of wetness anywhere.

If you want to press the issue and push the truck back to the dealer or get something toward re-installing the DPF, you might have some leeway if the State has any cooling-off laws and you point out that you cannot get the truck inspected 'As-Is'. Although, the better time to try that leverage was prior to the sale. Just say-in ;)

In any event, just plan on how you want to move forward and don't let the nits get you down :)

Back