• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

New to me 2013 GMC Duramax

I hear you Mike... I'm at 187k with my 2006. Lol

That's more than double the mileage on my 2006 Chevy 2500HD. December will be 15 years that I have owned it. Ole girl is still in pretty good shape. I have been pretty lucky and never drove it much except to deer camp and doing some hauling now and then. Sometimes I think sitting parked is harder on it than driving it everyday or so. It stays parked in a temperature controlled garage, I get it out once in a while and blow the soot out of it...... 😉

Just a driver for most of the time. I'm out of farming and retired from regular employment so it's pretty much a grocery getter and trip ride.

That will be one of the sharpest, strongest grocery getters in town.....😉

Not a dang thing wrong with that, plenty of room, lots of metal wrapped around you and the other passengers, protection from bad drivers in case they run into your truck, let's hope not.

FINALLY... finally took a road trip after over 2 years of nothing over a couple hundred mile days the last 2 years. Went to Fayetteville, Arkansas this past weekend for a family funeral. 635 miles each way. Drove it straight through both ways. Averaged 66 MPH down and 69 MPH back yesterday. That includes stops for fuel and pee. In reality it was pretty much straight run of 80 MPH through all 3 states of Illinois, Missouri, and Arkansas. Passed a number of speed traps and they weren't phased by my speed. Actually there were others running faster and not stopped either. 17.38 MPG down and 17.69 MPG back up. Fuel was 4.60 - 4.30. About 40 to 80 cents cheaper than the communist republic of Illinois. RUG was just over 3.25 most places. About a buck cheaper than here. I only filled up twice anyhow because of the 36 gal tank.

FINALLY... finally took a road trip after over 2 years of nothing over a couple hundred mile days the last 2 years. Went to Fayetteville, Arkansas this past weekend for a family funeral. 635 miles each way. Drove it straight through both ways. Averaged 66 MPH down and 69 MPH back yesterday. That includes stops for fuel and pee. In reality it was pretty much straight run of 80 MPH through all 3 states of Illinois, Missouri, and Arkansas. Passed a number of speed traps and they weren't phased by my speed. Actually there were others running faster and not stopped either. 17.38 MPG down and 17.69 MPG back up. Fuel was 4.60 - 4.30. About 40 to 80 cents cheaper than the communist republic of Illinois. RUG was just over 3.25 most places. About a buck cheaper than here. I only filled up twice anyhow because of the 36 gal tank.
I'd like to know what genius put a 25 gallon tank on the Super Duty.

Back