• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

new to efi, looking a lmm c&c with duel tanks

William Cheek

Reaction score
Hey everyone,
I'm new to the tuning side of this but been repairing them for a while.
I'm looking for a stock or modified tune for a lmm c&c with duel tanks
thanks for the help

I've got one for everything but an lmm. Maybe try the efilive forum and see if you can find one there. Keep in mind there are 2 different lmm tune systems. They both use the same operating system numbers, but 07-08 is one, and 09-10 is another. GM made a bunch of small changes from 08-09 as well as went back to 1 coolant temp sensor(07-08 had 2).

This one is a friend of mines that has been tuned already by someone unknown. It is an 08. Any to tell if it is a c&c file in the vin number or anything or can you take a normal tune and make a c&c with duel tanks?

If he has factory dual tanks, it's a cab and chassis. It's always best to start with the factory stock tune for most vehicles. You can go to gmtis2web and look up the factory tune, then try and match up the segments. If you can't find one with all the correct segments, but can find a couple of different tunes that allows you to get all the correct segments, you can build up a tune file by segment swapping to get a correct tune file(I've done this more than a few times to build custom one off tunes like the duraburb tune I have posted here, that tune file took 4 different trucks to make).

I will have to see if I can find one for his vin. Good even close to being able to build it.from segments yet. Lot to still learn

I know ridgerunner diesel will sell you a stock read if you need one. He has a subscription to tis and bench harness's. He can put the vin into the GM site, flash it into an ecm, then read it out with efilive so you get an uncorrupted file.

Had a c&c coming yesterday to be "fixed"....Couldn't do it with my xrt pro because it wouldn't set the dual tanks. So while I was waiting for a tune for efi I pulled the stock file and started playing with it. Learned how to "fix" but didn't add any power to to. Now to learn how to add power.
Big thanks to this place.

Dpf Delete, egr blocker, and small tune if you just want a little power or to set it and leave it.

Dsp 5 gets you 5 settings.

Always recommend a lift pump and pre filter.

Start familarizing yourself with the limiters that will hold you back. To add fuel there is only so far you can go without manipulating tables. The ecm can only go to 120mm3 of fuel, so you have to work with what you have to push more fuel than what the tables are written for(you have to modify the pulse tables to add fuel). You'll also want to download a copy of a timing calculator and learn how to use it. Duramaxdiesels.com has most all the calculators you'll need if you search through there forum. 50% is a good starting point, but you have to balance timing vs cylinder pressure as well as egt's vs ect's all the while making sure not to make it sound like a rattle can of spray paint. For lmm some things are straight forward to shut off, while others do not respond correctly. Go slow and small with your changes, and if you decide to go big, be ready to buy an engine because you can crack a piston real quick in an lmm. Also don't forget to check your modifiers as lmm's are loaded with them. I used to post up tunes until I found out somebody I was helping for free was using me to fix tunes for his customers he screwed up, so I normally don't even give out pointers anymore(just lost the taste for it after I got used, then found out people were taking tunes I built, and selling them as there own). Lmm tuning is not one to really cut your teeth runing on, took me quite awhile to make heads or tails of them, and I wasn't new to tuning by any means. Go slow, make small changes, log your changes, but I also like to add in visual checks as well.

Thanks for the info. As I dig around in efi I find there is so much look at and one change will affect another change.
I'm not going to lye to you. I want to build tunes and sell them to my customer. Never want to sell someone else stuff as my own though. My wife and I opened a diesel repair shop 2 years ago and I feel like this a a good thing to get into. It's going to take a long time before I feel right about selling them. I'm not going to sell junk tunes. I have a few guys that are more than willing to let me test with there trucks so I can learn. Very hard to learn all this when the only time I have to do it is at night sitting at home.
Thinking about going to a class at starlight diesel to get some hands on.
Thanks again for your help.

Thanks for the info. As I dig around in efi I find there is so much look at and one change will affect another change.
I'm not going to lye to you. I want to build tunes and sell them to my customer. Never want to sell someone else stuff as my own though. My wife and I opened a diesel repair shop 2 years ago and I feel like this a a good thing to get into. It's going to take a long time before I feel right about selling them. I'm not going to sell junk tunes. I have a few guys that are more than willing to let me test with there trucks so I can learn. Very hard to learn all this when the only time I have to do it is at night sitting at home.
Thinking about going to a class at starlight diesel to get some hands on.
Thanks again for your help.

You made it past the 2 year mark in your diesel shop, 3-5 years bring on some different changes and challenges, self employment is all about burning the midnight oil to be successful. When I was growing up I did not see my father much during the first 18 years of my life. His life revolved around his business no matter where he was. Not complaining just an observation.

In other words self employment/ owning your own business is a 24 hour a day commitment....

Back