• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

New PMD

Heatsink looks under sized compared to all others I have seen. I believe the heatsink is the most beneficial element of this combination. I installed an FSD heatsink near my front bumper and I have never looked back.

this would be an interesting one to dissect and see what all they changed. chances are if they reworked it, the potting material may be that silicone stuff one could easily remove. my guess is they replaced the transistors with a pair that are extreme overkill for the application thus won't build much heat while in operation. on the other hand I have heard of "digital" transistor sorta like when they came out with the digital flasher for fixing the problems with LED's on older vehicles and for carrying the load of trailer lights.

I know it's been brought up here and several other forums in the past, all the authors seem to have vanished. but I am still looking at this kinda project of remote mounting the transistors. I was looking online about connecting them in parallel to help with load currents. apparently they do this all the time with audio devices. the transistors used in our PMD's are the same as the ones used in audio amps.

I'm looking at possibility of taking the two and connecting two more in parallel having a remote heat sink running 4 of them in two pairs each in parallel.

it's a project on the back burner right now, before I dig into it too much further I need to find a couple more dead or junk yard pmd's to play with. it's not easy pulling out the potting material.

Oh yeah its awesome. Much more fueling capacity at higher rpm, but they had issues with lower rpm staying smooth. The first 50-60,000 miles was great, after that they started giving a little fit. Really was designed for sustained high rpm in boats.

Looks like a Dorman PMD attached to a small heatsink cut to the size of PMD?
The picture does not show how thick is the base mounted onto the PMD? Which is a very important to dissipate the heat.
The heatsink fin looks too thin vertically but too thick horizontally?
Fin is intended to increase the dissipation surface so the more fin horizontally and taller fin will be needed.

Of course, this is based on just the picture.

Seller is also selling Powerstroke injector?

Last edited:
Looks like a Dorman PMD attached to a small heatsink?
I thought about sending them a message asking if they could display a couple more pics of it.
I dont know how they would have got fins molded to it unless they just glued them on.
The fins look black in the pic; to Me that would most likely mean paint, or some other coating that might hold in heat, like a blanket of insulation.
I should send My heatsinks to @Twisted Steel Performance and have him coat them with his heat dissipant treatment.

Back