• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

renaissance

Reaction score
I'm a new member to the site. Just purchased a 95 Yukon 2 Door 4WD, and I'm in the process of repair-replace-rebuild. My previous 6.5 is a 94 2WD 2500 with 285,000 miles.

Status so far:

Steering box replaced with all new hydraulic hoses.

A set of stock injectors and a new single thermostat high flow water pump + fan, and a set of injectors has been ordered from Heath's.

New set of Bosch glow plugs and OEM lift pump (2 months old and taken off the 94)

New crankshaft position sensor - tab broke off while trying to get it out. That was a whole lot of fun !!!

Purchased a full set of factory service manuals, and downloaded a full set of electrical schematics.

Next step is some goodies from Leroy's: fuel pre-filter, walbro lift pump, lift pump power relay harness and those nifty turbo boost and fuel pressure fittings

I really like what I've seen on this site, and look forward to being a member.

Welcome! As for your questions, I'll let some of the more experienced 6.5 guys answer those for you. :)

Welcome to The Truck Stop. Lots of good folks here with lots of knowledge and experience to help you out of almost anything you might get yourself into. Trucks, that is.

Thanks for the welcome messages.

My last truck, the 94 2500 HD vin F, is a donor for the 95 Yukon project.

I'd like to start contributing to this site, but I'm not sure where to start. I don't know if it's appropriate to post my background, so I think I'll be prowling around the site to see where I might be able to add some value.

Any suggestions from members would be greatly appreciated.

Share some back story here in your intro.

Start your Yukon thread in project central. Ask item specific questions in your project thread and in the 6.5 section, transmission section, ect.

Here's my first question, and unfortunately it is a silly new member question.

How do I update my profile? On other posts I see location and an image on the left panel of the posting, and at the bottom of the a post there is some info the member has added. How do I do this for my profile.

I've been in the members sections and only find one place to add info and it is a text field. Is this the info that shows up on the bottom of a posting?

Just hover above your name on the top right hand corner of the window, and click Personal Details. Everything can be accessed by hovering with your mouse over your name.

Also,

You can check out the FAQ or ask more questions, we're here to help. :)

edit-personaldetails.png

Back