• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

New member, from Fort Lauderdale

Road_Case

Reaction score
Hey everyone. My names Mike Taylor. I drive a 1990 GMC K2500 C6P, we call the Black Pearl. Original, I'm sure lol. I've learned a lot from this site and I wanted to join up and stick around a while, and maybe see if you folks can help keep Pearl on the road. 😁

Her TH400 is currently acting up a bit until warm, at which point it begins to shift normally. I am currently exploring options in regards to upgrading to a 4L80e. I intend to make another thread in a tech section on this issue.

Here's a couple photos! The girl is my Fiancé, Julie. 👍

dBNsCaG.jpg

3OWFH6f.jpg

Welcome from the empire State..lol.. she's a nice old rig... I definitely prefer the 4 l 80 e... Make sure you fill out your signature with all the details about your truck so we all on here know what you have and have not done and what upgrades to help you with... This site is a world of knowledge for these trucks... And trust me with all the guys on here there is no question you can ask somebody doesn't know the answer to..

Thank you guys! I'm excited to be here. I frequently read up on another forum.. g-m-t-4-0-0.c o m

But there seemed to be many more guys over there running lighter duty trucks, 1500s and such. I also sort of have an oddball year with the TH400 and all.

We have goals of getting a Lance (or comparable) camper on pearl and traveling a lot once we are wed this November. She's 22. I'm 24.

Thanks again for the warm welcomes!

Welcome to thetruckstop Mike.
I`m not real familiar with the years that the 4L80 transmissions was used. I think if there is a 4L80 that is pre 93 it would be a lot easier to adapt into Your truck. 93 and 94 was a two year electronic shift, from the cable shift of the 700R4. Not sure how it was with the 4L80 units. A standalone shift unit can also be purchased to program the shifting.

Back