• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

New member from Colorado

598gold

Reaction score
Have a 1998 K2500 CP6 option. Just installed a custom built SBC Stroker 7.0L dart block AFR heads. dyno'd at [email protected], 560ft/lbs@4Krpm torque curve is awesome ; [email protected] to [email protected] should pull future trailer with no issues except never passing a gas station. It should provide a significant upgrade from 5.7L OEM. Still going through the pains of getting a tune that runs for daily driving and towing. Black Bear Performance has been very helpful. Cold start is awesome now but still a long way to go for daily driving.

Truck is a work in progress, aka da_beest. Needs some serious TLC on body but majority of the mechanical work is completed. New stroker motor new 48lb spider and 0411 PCM upgrade and custom tune (till working on that) - from the outside looks like a 5.7L with a small super charger and headers, diff's rebuilt with 4.88 gears, Eaton Trutrac, Performance Xmission rebuild with 2K stall towing converter and xnfer case rebuild. Installed a 180A alternator and wired (2/0 and 1/0 wire) for proper voltage drop to power my camper. Primary use is Hauling a Hallmark 2023 Guanella Truck Camper she is "The Beauty and da beest".

Attachments

• DABEEST.JPG
    DABEEST.JPG
    141.8 KB · Views: 5
  • 98_k2500_7L.JPG
    98_k2500_7L.JPG
    203.8 KB · Views: 5
And a mighty shiny beast it is too.
How many batteries is hooked to the camper ? 180 should charge a whole bank of batteries in mighty short order.
I built up an old dump truck for a nephew.
The dump was electro/hydraulic. Made up and installed a carrier so it has a battery just for the dump.
Also installed a battery isolater. The auxiliary battery could run down to dead without affecting the cranking/starting battery.
That truck is being used on a roofing crew so I imagine they could not have managed without that isolater. 🤷‍♂️😹

The truck running with the radiator electric fans on high (35amp; plus truck AC on high 25 amps) pulls almost 105Amps. Camper has a 40amp DC-DC charge controller. Trying to keep worst case load less than 80% capacity to prevent overheating and burnout of alternator. Battery bank on camper is 500AH LIPO to support a DC powered DOMETIC RTX2000 air conditioner. In eco mode AC pulls 24-54 amps so for those Texas and Iowa nights it can handle the 10 hours of cooling without "cooking" the batteries. Like to have bank at full charge when parking over night boon docking.

And a mighty shiny beast it is too.
How many batteries is hooked to the camper ? 180 should charge a whole bank of batteries in mighty short order.
I built up an old dump truck for a nephew.
The dump was electro/hydraulic. Made up and installed a carrier so it has a battery just for the dump.
Also installed a battery isolater. The auxiliary battery could run down to dead without affecting the cranking/starting battery.
That truck is being used on a roofing crew so I imagine they could not have managed without that isolater. 🤷‍♂️😹
Could you post a link to the battery isolator?

That would be good to have on my trailer for the winch and the electric hydraulic pump

Could you post a link to the battery isolator?

That would be good to have on my trailer for the winch and the electric hydraulic pump

Here is another site with a lot of options.
I dont remember what the brand of isolator was that I installed on that old truck, I do remember I about 🐕💨 when I seen the price. At least it seemed like a lot of money to Me.
The nephew purchased it through the local NAPA store here.

Back