• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

New long block vibration

Tell us more about this "long block"... rebuilt, new, used ???

New balancer, used balancer, new or used front pulley, flex plate or flywheel?

I know this is your first post but we aren't mind readers, if you want a good answer to any question give lots of details ...

I apologise for not giving you something to work with. 93 silverado k3500 crew cab. 6.5l with mechanical injectors and pump. I put a rod through the oil pan. Decided to get a long block from bostic motors. Sent injectors and pump to diesel equipment in Michigan.after installing making sure timing was advanced slitely on drivers side of timing mark. Engine started instantly as I hoped it would. Fixed afew leaks and hear I am vibration. I'm thinking possible bad injector and how do I check it out??

Tell us more about this "long block"... rebuilt, new, used ???

New balancer, used balancer, new or used front pulley, flex plate or flywheel?

I know this is your first post but we aren't mind readers, if you want a good answer to any question give lots of details ...
I believe it was a new balancer came with block, my pulley.

That pulley from the old block is kind of worrisome.
I also wonder about the Harmonic Balancer, if it is just one that had been cleaned up and installed onto the reman engine then it too could be whacked out too.

That pulley from the old block is kind of worrisome.
I also wonder about the Harmonic Balancer, if it is just one that had been cleaned up and installed onto the reman engine then it too could be whacked out too.

On the balancer- only 2 options. AC Delco which is good for 100,000 miles safely or fluid dampr which will do a better job and last half million miles. Dont bother with cheaper ones- many fail at 30,000 miles and will break crankshaft/ block.
The pulley in front of it should be done at same time. Again options are AC Delco for 100k or billet from Leroy’s that is good tor a lifetime.

On injectors: crack line nut one at a time and if there is nonoticeable difference, examine that cylinder. Swap good injector with the suspect one and if problem follows injector- that is it. Get new injectors from Leroy if needed.

I would STRONGLY suggest a compression test. Bostic engine could be questioned. They could have reused slightly bent rod, a piston issue, or have used chinese heads which are known to not seal when brand new. I have seen people throw thousands of dollars into “fixing” when they had a poorly built long block to start with.

post a video someplace like bitchute or youtube and put link here of it running- we might pick up on something.

Let us know before buying parts anywhere- many places to avoid. Learn from our collective mistakes.

do you have a clear line on the ip return to check for air intrusion?

Well now that "Bostic" has been mentioned, as stated compression check is needed, but I can already tell you that if you do find something... anything wrong, it's yours, Bostic won't back anything, it's always the buyers fault... hope the best for you...

So look long and hard now at how you paid for this Bostic POS. Time to do so is limited. Credit card? PayPal? I made another krap vendor eat it through a dispute after they sent me two boat anchors that were supposed to be good running take out 6.2 engines. Why they bothered to even ship one scrap metal iron hunk is beyond me. It took me 3 rounds before I prevailed. I wound up parting the truck out and lost a chunk of change on parts I already bought.

Thanks for the help. I will check injectors and compression first and go from there. I sure appreciate your knowledge. I'm an OTR truck driver and will be back in a few weeks to get it done.

Back