• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

New HIR's Are Out!!

I could use a set of 9007 for my company car...

Or some GE Nighthawks.

Call me when you get the chance. I got a friend from work who needs a set of HID's for his new Camaro.

The HIRs were a great choice when you could get them from John Deere for $10....

Which is what I did, still burning brightly.

Sorry, poor college student here running from paycheck to paycheck; the price of the new ones/PIAAs (if they are that much) is too much to justify right now.:nonod:

xtremepowercloseup-lg.jpg

Since they don't have the new HIR's yet in 9005's, how do the PIAA's compare to the HIR's?

Tell me more about this one... John Deere? Do they still have them?

Yes they do, they are OEM for the headlights on the larger tractors. Best bet to get them is with an Ag dealer. I tried my local residential dealer and they had no idea what I was talking about.

I got mine from keepinitgreen.com for 9.95 and posted about it on the place. Started a run on them and they upped the price within days.

They are P/N: AH211917

I believe they still have them, but they are in the $25-30 Range now.

Yep, currently at $28.50 online from the place I get most of my L&G tractor parts....

On edit: not sure it has been stated, but they are not plug and play. You need to modify the flange with diagonal cutters or a rotary tool to get them to fit.

Yes they do, they are OEM for the headlights on the larger tractors. Best bet to get them is with an Ag dealer. I tried my local residential dealer and they had no idea what I was talking about.

I got mine from keepinitgreen.com for 9.95 and posted about it on the place. Started a run on them and they upped the price within days.

Yep, currently at $28.50 online from the place I get most of my L&G tractor parts....

On edit: not sure it has been stated, but they are not plug and play. You need to modify the flange with diagonal cutters or a rotary tool to get them to fit.

Only the Tab that is @ 12 O'clock, and they are Plug & Play. You need to Trim MAYBE 1/16" Off it.

You'll want the Philips Xtreme Power for 9005 since the New HIR's aren't Out yet.

Where can I get these at? I tried CARQUEST today and they have them in stock for 9003, 9006, and 9007, but said he had no listing for 9005. He had nightvison, visionplus, and I believe crystalvision ultras. Of course there are always the sylvanias from the other guys, but have heard they have a very short life span on most of them.

Where can I get these at? I tried CARQUEST today and they have them in stock for 9003, 9006, and 9007, but said he had no listing for 9005. He had nightvison, visionplus, and I believe crystalvision ultras. Of course there are always the sylvanias from the other guys, but have heard they have a very short life span on most of them.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Phil...Q5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories#ht_3358wt_1007

But you should just get the 9011 HIR's.

James,
Is there a way to retrofit sealed beams into HID's?...

I have a few fire trucks I'd like to convert...

Yep, just Find Out what Part Number the Sealed Beam is, then Look here: http://rallylights.com/hella/HeadlampsMain.aspx and Find the Conversion Housing. With these, you keep the Housing, and just Replace the Bulb, unlike the Sealed Beams, where you Buy the whole thing.

Back